Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No more business tonight

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
With our injuring problems were you expecting is to be sitting in sixth? I wasn't! We're currently placed well IMO, 2 places off sixth with a game in hand is exceptional considering our injuring problems. I strongly feel the likes of Orlandi, Ulloa, LuaLua Buckley, Lopez and Bruno will improve within the next few weeks. Just like last season. And if the players currently playing well (Ince and our back 5) continue their form (hence our defensive record) I'm confident of a top six finish.

I'm actually staggered how well Oscar has done to be in 8th at this point of the season, I don't think he has been given anywhere near the backing that Poyet was. IMO the squad has not been improved, I honestly don't think the club are that fussed about finishing in the play offs this season.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I think Conway is better than an injured player, whether it's Lualua or Buckley,

I think having one good striker is better than two average ones. ( As said, Rodney could be anything, Spanish 2nd division is no benchmark of class)

And we don't know what sort of player CMS is going to be when he gets back fit. Also have not replaced El Abd.

Barnes scored 6 all season. Pretty poor for a first choice (forced through injuries) striker who got good service and chances every game. All we need is goals up front, our defence and midfield are providing the platform for wins. We just need Ulloa (and now Rodney) to put chances away...

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Barnes scored 6 all season. Pretty poor for a first choice (forced through injuries) striker who got good service and chances every game. All we need is goals up front, our defence and midfield are providing the platform for wins. We just need Ulloa (and now Rodney) to put chances away...

Did he get chances provided, was he profligate in front of goal? Or like Ulloa did he suffer from poor support from a slow and laboured midfield?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells

Oh, i'm not backing Barnes. I thought he was crap, still do. But that subject has been done to death. Was rather hoping we would get a better replacement in though. Let's hope it's Rodney, because it doesn't look like it's Obika, atm.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm actually staggered how well Oscar has done to be in 8th at this point of the season, I don't think he has been given anywhere near the backing that Poyet was. IMO the squad has not been improved, I honestly don't think the club are that fussed about finishing in the play offs this season.

He's done well because our squad is still very good. IMO, we have one if the best defences and midfields in the Championship. When you have limited attacking options though there's not much you can do as head coach. This is why we're played more cautiously this year, we can't play any other way TBH (as that'll probably back fire). Ulloa has been disappointing, if he finds form we'll be fine.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow
I have just been out for a meal at Bella Napoli down at the marina and Oscar and his 2 assistants with theirs wives and kids came in.
Would have thought that if more players were coming in they would be at the Amex.
But we all got to eat.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Personally think we have done ok this window.
Bridcutt replaced by Stephens
Barnes by Spanish Dave
Conway was only brought in originally to fill the void of Orlandi being injured. He is now back and there are 7 potential players who can fill the wide 2 roles.
Adam can be filled in by Dunk

Only gap missing is a replacement for Crofts as such. If thays going to happen it will be a loan just like we did for Orlandi last loan window.

Can still see 1-2 loans arriving in if required. Loans are often better players that what is available to buy as proved last year with Bridge.

The target is the top 6. Only just over half way of the season done. 4 points with a game in hand is hardly insumountable and we are not looking at financial problems if we happen to miss out

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He's done well because our squad is still very good. IMO, we have one if the best defences and midfields in the Championship. When you have limited attacking options though there's not much you can do as head coach. This is why we're played more cautiously this year, we can't play any other way TBH (as that'll probably back fire). Ulloa has been disappointing, if he finds form we'll be fine.

The worrying thing about Ulloa, is if he is anything like his native South America counterparts, when they get the hump. You've had it with them.. Let's hope that's not the case with him. But his body language has not looked good lately.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

We'll have to agree to disagree, I don't think the squad is all that good. We have a very good but rather old back 4 and a quality keeper, other than that the team is lacking quality options, yes the injuries have taken their toll but we need to add some direct players. As far as we know we have 1 good striker, Rodriguez could be anything from Michu to Sandaza. Fingers crossed eh.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Good news. Cantor has just tweeted that Rodney say's his fitness is 100%,,,that's fantastic news.........Despite not playing since October.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here