Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No Hunt, Now No Robbo- Reassure Me!!

Don Tmatter said:
Heard from a strong source,second hand, that there are 3 or 4 players in the pipeline but won't be signing till the week before the season starts, to save on their wages.
Which to me sounds ludicrous, they will be just like Kitson & Butters were cos they wont get enough pre-season training in.

Not so ludicrous. There's a peice in the Guradian today about the transfer market "meltdown" and basically it comes to clubs delaying signing players to avaoid their wages for a couple of weeks. For instance, if you sign Paulo di Canio from West Ham, you are going to have to pay him £30k a week just to run around a park from now until mid August.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Icy Gull said:
You are mad mad mad :nono: rather drive to Gillingham? I did that for two seasons and it was shit. We also paid for the Gordon Road stand in rent (suprised you haven't pointed that out in your constant knocking of DK) [/B]

It was quicker for me to get into the Cricketers than into the Sportsman, after driving to Brighton, that f***ing stupid park and ride, then a walk! And it was cheaper, and i never got wet!

You forget, the Gillingham deal was not done by Tight, he just wasted the money by walking away from it!:nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes but alternatively Don does have a point about match fitness and meeting team mates. And in addition, for every day that you scrimp on wages, you risk losing that player to another team...

There must be better ways of saving money.

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
Simster said:
Yes but alternatively Don does have a point about match fitness and meeting team mates. And in addition, for every day that you scrimp on wages, you risk losing that player to another team...

There must be better ways of saving money.

Sack Perry????

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If I was DK I would have sold Bobby to Spurs at the end of May, I reckon £1.75 million may have been realistic, then given Rovers their £525,000 blood money and handed SC £400,000 for teambuilding.

By now we'd have Robinson, Hunt and Beasant in the bag with remaining cash for a forward or two. We'd also have saved on Bobby's wages throughout June and July, whatever he's on.

We've lost Kitson, Brooker and probably Beasant. We've brought in no one. And the Worthing friendly's off.

These are all negatives and right now I need two positives...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Pavilionaire said:
If I was DK I would have sold Bobby to Spurs at the end of May, I reckon £1.75 million may have been realistic, then given Rovers their £525,000 blood money and handed SC £400,000 for teambuilding.

By now we'd have Robinson, Hunt and Beasant in the bag with remaining cash for a forward or two. We'd also have saved on Bobby's wages throughout June and July, whatever he's on.

We've lost Kitson, Brooker and probably Beasant. We've brought in no one. And the Worthing friendly's off.

These are all negatives and right now I need two positives...

Another negative I'm afraid, I would think that the bulk of any money gained from the sale of Zamora will disappear down Falmer Way.

I don't much like it either but I have yet to see a suggestion that is a realistic alternative, given that we all want Falmer.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Any money the club recieves seems to dissapear into thin air!
At the end of the day we don't have enough funds coming in and it seems dick does not want to touch his money.

I cannot see how this club can move forward with dick in charge at the moment.
This club has massive potential as we all no and sometimes i honestly feel dick is making us smaller and smaller.
At the end of the day this is not good enough and things need to be speeded up pretty fast as that 3 month set back a while ago makes you wonder doesn't it and all we get is delay after delay in every aspect and thats very clear to see.:shootself :shootself :shootself :rolleyes: :mad:

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
I heard from a fairly reliable source that we are about to sign Richard Harris.Apparently he was released by Palace at the end of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not the one who starred in a Man Named Horse I trust:(

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Legend said:
I heard from a fairly reliable source that we are about to sign Richard Harris.Apparently he was released by Palace at the end of the season.

er, harris was released last year and joined wycombe so ur source is very unreliable.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Trigger said:
Wycombe official site says Harris was contracted until June 2003 ???

hmmmm

so maybe there is some truth in this????

he is alright isnt he? believe he scored 5 goals in 5 starts last season.

but, to only make 5 starts for wycombe is worrying!!

brighton rock????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here