⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This thread should be a sticky.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Rubbish. The crowd clearly do make a difference to the players, and that's nothing to do with the players' professionalism, it's human nature.

If that's so clearly true, how is it we scored twice in the last 15 minutes? The effect on the players was not noticeable.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Do we have to have this after every game?

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
There have been so many threads on this (at least one of which I started), but still makes me as mad as hell. I really would prefer these "bad fans" not to bother to come to games if they cannot stay until the end. THERE IS NO EXCUSE. It's two hours out of the day once every two weeks or so for 9 months of the year.

Hmm...we've only been season ticket holders EVERY SEASON since 1970's so the fact that we generally leave 2/3 minutes before the final whistle must make us really "bad fans" !!?? What a load of !*?"

seagullhoop

Nov 6, 2012
Brighton
Not bothered if people nick off early, it's generally their loss. We score regularly in the final few minutes of each half (no stats, just it seems to me to be that way)

Half time is also a bit of a shambles. The poor blokes in front of me missed 2 goals on Sat just so they could get a swift pint (1 goal either side of half time) which is more about the piss poor organisation of the catering arrangement (East Upper - not sure about the rest of the ground). The hot water is a joke - a couple of tea-drinkers in the queue and you might as well abandon the idea of getting anything. Know a few people who have started to bring a flask and sandwiches because that can't be arsed to wait and miss the start of the second half.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Would you leave a film or theatre 5 mins before the end?

Imagine James Bond is about to save the world in the next few mins .....BUT shit GTG the train is coming and I need to get home to watch Britains got talent.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Imagine James Bond is about to save the world in the next few mins .....BUT shit GTG the train is coming and I need to get home to watch Britains got talent.

Are there 25000+ trying to get away with limited resources available to take them away from the cinema to various park & ride destinations in addition to public transport?

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Are there 25000+ trying to get away with limited resources available to take them away from the cinema to various park & ride destinations in addition to public transport?

you know 9 months in advance when the fixtures come out, so try and plan better....I get home every Saturday at 830-9pm....
I stay until the end, have a piss and still get on the train within 30 mins, then get the train to Haywards Heath where my car is parked before a 110 mile drive to swindon..

Would I leave early ?? NOt in a million years..

How can 40 mins make such a difference over a 24 hour day.....How about making food in the morning that only needs heating? Just a suggestion!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
These threads actually make me want to leave early as i know its really actually upsets so many people.

You moaners must have so little going on in your lives if people leaving a football match really upsets you enough to want to post about it.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Do people have to stay at nightclubs until kicking out time? And should they get disapproval from other clubbers for leaving ten minutes before the end?

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
you know 9 months in advance when the fixtures come out, so try and plan better....I get home every Saturday at 830-9pm....
I stay until the end, have a piss and still get on the train within 30 mins, then get the train to Haywards Heath where my car is parked before a 110 mile drive to swindon..

Would I leave early ?? NOt in a million years..

How can 40 mins make such a difference over a 24 hour day.....How about making food in the morning that only needs heating? Just a suggestion!!

Which part of "I look after my disabled mrs" did you not read from my previous post?

Every minute is accounted for, and I mean every single minute from getting up at 6am to clean up any overnight accidents until 11.30pm when I get to sit down and unwind!

And don't reply to my point regarding 25000 at the cinema will you?

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's not getting home early, it's waiting in the que, it's boring, annoying and tedious! I'm shouted and clapped for 88 mins, I don't see the players keeping me entertained while I'm in my car! So chill out little people and get a life

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Which part of "I look after my disabled mrs" did you not read from my previous post?

Every minute is accounted for, and I mean every single minute from getting up at 6am to clean up any overnight accidents until 11.30pm when I get to sit down and unwind!

thats why I suggest cooking in the morning......after all u must be away from her for 2-3 hours anyway

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

to be fair to you if i lived in swindon i too would delay going home for as long as possible

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
If that's so clearly true, how is it we scored twice in the last 15 minutes? The effect on the players was not noticeable.

Sorry, you want to use the last 15 minutes of one football match as evidence that the crowd don't effect the team? That's a pretty ridiculous argument, don't you think?

Sorry, there was no excuse for the mass exodus yesterday. Massive shift put in by the players and a superb display yesterday the lads should have been applauded off by a near packed stadium. I felt sorry for them. Lovely day weatherwise, would an extra five minutes have made any difference?

Left even earlier as i did not have my usual esu seat,78 MINUTES:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports