Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No big signings im afraid.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
its obvious the only signings we are going to make are players who have been released or are on the scrap heap.its almost about luck between all the clubs with nothing to spend hunting round trying to find the best freebies.all this talk about buying players is a pipe dream.old Dicks going to firmly hold on to his 1.5 million dont you worry about that.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the point is the Zamora money will allow us to compete for the wages of free transfers rather then go out and spend it all. I for one would rather get four or five new faces in on frees then blow it on one signing who might get injured. Trust Coppell, he knows what hes doing. There are some good players knocking about and he is the sort of manager who will attract them.

KEEP THE FAITH

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
BRIGHT ON Q said:
its obvious the only signings we are going to make are players who have been released or are on the scrap heap.its almost about luck between all the clubs with nothing to spend hunting round trying to find the best freebies.all this talk about buying players is a pipe dream.old Dicks going to firmly hold on to his 1.5 million dont you worry about that.

:censored: :yawn: :mad:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Lets see who has been bought or available on free transfers in recent years

Sol Campbell
Steve McManaman
Paulo Di Canio
David Seaman
Lee Bowyer
Ronald de Boer
Patrick Berger
Paul Kitson (oops)

It's not the fee, it's the wages that we can now compete with slightly better

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Ruud Gullit was a free transfer at Chelsea, and he changed them(while he played he turned them from nothing's to a classy outfit which attracted better players and set them on their way)

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Coppell is a football genius.
We have nothing to worry about. This time next year we will be preparing for Division 1 (again) with possibly an even fuller trophy cabinet (if we have one somewhere)!

:clap: :albion: :clap:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
bigc said:
Ruud Gullit was a free transfer at Chelsea, and he changed them(while he played he turned them from nothing's to a classy outfit which attracted better players and set them on their way)

.......and once again I say there is no reason why Guy Butters cant do the same for the Albion???

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Richie Morris said:
I think the point is the Zamora money will allow us to compete for the wages of free transfers rather then go out and spend it all. I for one would rather get four or five new faces in on frees then blow it on one signing who might get injured. Trust Coppell, he knows what hes doing. There are some good players knocking about and he is the sort of manager who will attract them.

KEEP THE FAITH

too right

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
El Presidente said:
Lets see who has been bought or available on free transfers in recent years

Sol Campbell
Steve McManaman
Paulo Di Canio
David Seaman
Lee Bowyer
Ronald de Boer
Patrick Berger
Paul Kitson (oops)

It's not the fee, it's the wages that we can now compete with slightly better

You forgot Paul Brooker!:angry:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
we've had quite a few excellent free-transfer deals!
simon morgan spring to mind .......

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
I agree, there are some great free signings to be had, and we should get some in! However, future assets that are young and can be protected against Bosmans, tend to cost money. E. g. Steve Sidwell.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Why is this such a bad post Dwayne?.have you heard the latest today?no money from the zamora sale to coppell.

it may be negative but its FACT.All i was trying to say was these people who keep going on about us signing Miller or mackenzie are dreaming but your probably one of them.:jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I for one am with dwayne on this one. the post made it sound like we were going to get shitty players etc..when in reality we can pick up decent ones for free. Some people just want to moan...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Dick says that Sir Stevie is getting none of the Zammo proceeds... sorry, but Dick is living up to his nickname "Dick Tight"... I bought my season ticket on the basis that we would either have Zammo, or would spend a fair proportion of the proceeds from his sale on squad strengthening... please note that I didn't expect the full net amount after BR had taken their cut to go to Sir Stevie... just a reasonable proportion... this is not happenning... IMHO the fans are being cheated... end of story...

I have consistently stood up for Dick on this forum, but enough is enough...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here