Nme Cool List 2004

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
As I opened it I thought who'd be top and Doherty sticks out by a mile!

Gwarn the arcadian dream

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Kim Deal is the only cool person on that list, personally I would consider the follow as glaring omissions:

Myself
Nick Cave
Wayne Coyne
Beth Gibbons

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The NME list is populated with uninspiring, moronic, trite, formulaic airheads.

what a suprise

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Soton Seagull said:
And your point is?

Eminem is catchy enough, yet seems obsessed with something he isn't a part of, the deprived black american guns and gang culture.

My point is that Eminem grew up in predominatly black area, and probably knows a hell of a lot more about it than you give him credit for.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Coolest people in music right now:

- The Go! Team
- The Dead 60s
- Blorn Argen - Razorlight

Funny how they raved about Preston from The Ordinary Boys in alst years but dont include him after he slagged off NME a couple of times.

I HATE THE NME.

Only buy it occasionally for the gig listings.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Do what I do and flick throught he gig listings each week in smiths and never actually buy it.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Soton Seagull said:
And your point is?

Eminem is catchy enough, yet seems obsessed with something he isn't a part of, the deprived black american guns and gang culture.

Utter bollox - I'm not a huge Eminem fan but am into my hip-hop. Eminem never pretends to be part of the gang scene or from a deprived black american area. He is simply a white guy from a nothing-special background rappin about things such as drugs, hating your ex, striving to achieve you goals, etc etc.... like him or not he is not fake.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
NME is aimed at spotty sixth formers and nerdy undergraduates and is generally staffed by those that have been them in a former life, particularly ex-public school. For years now they've been far more interested in attitude than actual music content, hence the fact it is front page news when Doherty nips down to the newsagents to buy fags. This is the type of thing they all dribble over so it isn't suprising that an overrated singer from an overrated band with questionable musical ability has topped their poll. Oh, and they're from London which saves the NME hacks from actually travelling anywhere else.

I detest the build them up and knock them down mentally the paper possesses because they believe that they are the arbitors of taste in this country.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
1. Liquid Helium
2. Liquid Nitrogen
3. Antartica
4. The Artic
5. Siberia
6. The Summit of Everest
7. Ice
8. Withdean in November
9. Frost
10. The Dark Side of the Moon

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
Though the Libertines are my favourite band Pete shouldn't have been number 1 and it was a bit of a cop out putting pete and carl joint first they should of just chosen one over the other. The list is a bit crap really.
The NMEs alright but there's lots of crap stuff in it and they go on about the same old bands like the libertines way too much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports