• nil all

Votes: 12 4.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have heard this twice over the last couple of days. Is it normal? Does anyone else every say "nil all" when referring to a 0-0 scoreline or, like me, would you say "nil nil" ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Nil-all is a pikey phrase. Any right-minded football fan says nil-nil, cos thats just the way it is.

One-all or one-one though....now there's a conundrum if ever I saw one. Or any other score-draw for that matter. I shall ponder this tonight, and perhaps during breakfast, and report back with my findings.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
nil - nil.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
With all respect to our incredibly well read female 'colleagues' - on both occasions the guilty party has been female.

I think of "nil all" as being a tell-tale sign of someone not really being a football person.

The only other time I remember hearing it, because it really stuck in my mind, was when Martin Perry used it when I was interviewing him for Scars & Stripes in Cafe Rouge, Hove some years ago. I think he was quite new to it all back then though. And I love him to bits.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It has to be nil - nil.

Nil all just sounds like another sport but I'm not sure why or which one. It certainly doesn't sound right.

Nil - nil for me ... just like the CORRECT score at Luton tonight.

And that's allowing for Leon failing to score the Albion's penalty, which he would've done because he was not having his best game.

???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think Sunderland fans refer to it as 'nils each' :lol:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
nil-nil. "Nil all" is an Irish Christian name as in "Nilall Quinn"

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bore draw for me.

But it's nil nil really isn't it? Nil all is for people who use the term "footy" or (even worse) "footer".

Usually posh, clueless people.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
edna krabappel said:
Bore draw for me.

But it's nil nil really isn't it? Nil all is for people who use the term "footy" or (even worse) "footer".

Usually posh, clueless people.

Worse than that Edna, people who call the Beautiful Game "Soccer". That word grates!

:angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here