As posted the last time we were allegedly looking at him:

Niki-M%C3%A4enp%C3%A4%C3%A4-Sexy-Body-Burbujas-De-Deseo-03.jpg

7273-e9614a6d1b0f472b54cc141c6d3821b1.jpg

:drool:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wouldn't be overly surprised if Stockdale wanted out considering the abuse he gets. He hasn't had a great first season and hasn't had a particularly disastrous one either, but the stick he gets on Twitter has been somewhat OTT and he obviously struggles to deal with it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
So, Stockdale's status under the spotlight, Greer too. Aside from the obvious ones, this makes quite a list on here.

Simply cannot WAIT for next season, going to be a long summer

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I can't see Stocko leaving and from what i've seen of Mapenpaa, the OP is right. He doesn't really make the mistakes Stocko has done but he won't make the reflex saves which Stocko can. His distribution is decent, but again....not as good as Stocko. It would be a good move all around, but i can't see us keeping 4 keepers.

I'm guessing that if we are going to sign him, Ankergren has turned down the one year deal. So should we sign Maenpaa, he could be number 2/battle with Stocko and Walton could be sent on a season long loan which is what he needs. I said it at christmas, pointless having the lad on the bench as he won't learn anything there. He'd be better of in league 1/2 learning the game, playing on pitches which aren't great, getting used to being in a squad and playing week in week out.

Thats the only way i could see it happening.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Probably a recommendation from Antti Niemi considering we were in for him before? Possible theory that Niemi proposed him last summer as a signing to Burke, who opted for Stockdale?

From 2012, (dodgy translation):

Eagle Owl goalkeeper coach Antti Niemi keeps Niki Hill Cast a premium.
Niemi believes that currently plays for the Dutch league in Venlo Mäenpää, 27, may rise to a much tougher circles.

- If a development that has been in the last year, to continue, the overall picture remains clear, so honestly, I think that Niki would be able to play, for example, the English Premier League, Niemi bump a.

- Advanced peers be worse goalkeepers I've seen issuing a good career in England. I sincerely believe that it is possible.

Premiership splendid career issuing According to Niemi, past career is far onnestakin closed.

- In-Ear Game Finland match, the site of the right people, and it may be sufficient for one or two matches, and you're just as suddenly right in other circles, Niemi points out.

- However, Niki's point of view the most important thing is to do the daily work well, play well in Venlo. However, the Netherlands is a kind of a breeder series, which leaves a lot of young players elsewhere. His is important to play well now in the Netherlands, not to any magic tricks not.

Mäenpää, the following screen is the place tonight, when the Finnish point in Nicosia, Cyprus training match. The match will begin at 19.

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/huuhkajat/art-1288516298069.html

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I must admit if we sign him I would sooner we sold DS to recoup our outlay and let this chap and Walton fight for the No 1 spot.

Agreed , I think CH has realised Burke screwed up in choosing Stockdale over Maenpaa last summer and wants to rectify the situation.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
One of our very few saleable players and the one that would fetch the largest fee.

I quite understand the economics of football in regard that clubs like us will continue to sell players like Ulloa, Buckley, Bridcutt etc to Prem/larger clubs when players express a desire to leave, or when we are cashing in after making good use of them.

But to sell an underused but still unproven younster would be a massive mistake IMO.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
If we did make the mistake of selling Walton for a sizeable fee, we would have to make sure our sell on percentage for his likely next transfer was a big slice of the cake. Hopefully we've learnt a lot from the Cook/Elphick situation and selling our young prospects too soon.

Stumpy Tim

If we did make the mistake of selling Walton for a sizeable fee, we would have to make sure our sell on percentage for his likely next transfer was a big slice of the cake. Hopefully we've learnt a lot from the Cook/Elphick situation and selling our young prospects too soon.

We have a huge sell-on fee with Cook, so what is there to learn?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
We have a huge sell-on fee with Cook, so what is there to learn?

My Cook/Elphick comment was about 'selling players too soon'. Not attached to the future sell on percentage(Re:Walton).

I'm certain the Cook agreement for a future sell on is for a decent amount, considering the transfer fee to Bournemouth was next to nothing(£200K?).

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
We don't know how seriously we are looking at this guy. It would strike me as sensible planning for a football club to keep their eyes on players that we might not necessarily need in case someone suddenly leaves or gets a serious injury. We are probably in contact with numerous players throughout Europe but this one has decided to talk about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here