Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nike Albion shirts - what are your thoughts?

What do you think about Nike becoming the Albion's kit supplier?

• Total voters

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ipswich will be launching their new Adidas home kit at their match on May 3rd, not sure if they'll be wearing it for the game though. They launched their new away kit yesterday by displaying them on mannequins in the club store and elsewhere at the ground.

Dec 29, 2011
I don't think it would be the first time a team has done something like that, can't think of a specific off the top of my head. I know plenty have ended a season with the new kit for the next season, us included, I shall see if I can find out if any involved new manufacturer/sponsor.

Chelsea did about two years ago

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Ipswich will be launching their new Adidas home kit at their match on May 3rd, not sure if they'll be wearing it for the game though. They launched their new away kit yesterday by displaying them on mannequins in the club store and elsewhere at the ground.

Cool - I just thought it was strange they choose the Blackpool game for the Errea tribute heightening my suspicion something is happening at the Yeovil game!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

We could do that but with the mannequins on the pitch

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Is launching selling?
Re us, it's a poor show not to have the next seasons shirt on sale for the last home game.
Zara & ASOS can get stuff into shops in 6 weeks from scratch off of someone else's catwalk design. We've had 24 months since last contract to sign up new supplier/plan the next similar blue & white striped design shirt are now going to wait til 28,000 shoppers have left the ground for 3 months and have no town centre shop that they will are more likely to pass by in the summer. Shambles

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
is launching selling?
Re us, it's a poor show not to have the next seasons shirt on sale for the last home game.
Zara & asos can get stuff into shops in 6 weeks from scratch off of someone else's catwalk design. We've had 24 months since last contract to sign up new supplier/plan the next similar blue & white striped design shirt are now going to wait til 28,000 shoppers have left the ground for 3 months and have no town centre shop that they will are more likely to pass by in the summer. Shambles

= barber out!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm frankly shocked and appalled that so few hate the idea compared to want Oscar out. It's amazing how many people are obsessed with brands.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Is launching selling?
Zara & ASOS can get stuff into shops in 6 weeks from scratch off of someone else's catwalk design. We've had 24 months since last contract to sign up new supplier/plan the next similar blue & white striped design shirt are now going to wait til 28,000 shoppers have left the ground for 3 months and have no town centre shop that they will are more likely to pass by in the summer. Shambles

Firstly do you actually know that they won't be on sale?

Secondly if they are not may this be a sole seller clause in the errea contract?

Lastly do you know that the shirts will not be on sale in the city centre? I am pretty sure the club are going to use mobile stores and stands and the possibility of a Nike store with our stuff in remains. The merchandise team doesn't go on Holliday from may to august you know.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If they bring out smart T-shirts, tops and hoodies that older people wouldn't be embarrassed to wear then they'll make lots of money.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
PLR.....Which is fair enough.Global branding is the "Holy Grail "......pre season tours to the far east etc etc. If we support our club ,this is where IMO we are heading.One thing for sure is that Nike are as hard nosed as they come,for top dollar,they will not want Sunday league !!!

I'm not sure what your point is? There are plenty of Sunday league teams that wear Nike.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Regardless of whether it will be on sale sooner or later, I'm surprised there's been no leaks of the design, many other 'bespoke' kits get leaked, but not ours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here