Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nights start drawing in again next week.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
My summer starts when I leave for my one week summer holiday abroad and ends when I return home.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
We are on the wrong ****ing time zone!! Have been for decades. Every single country on our longitude is +1. We are so concerned by famers in Scotland or something that we don't do it, but we should be on CET.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We are on the wrong ****ing time zone!! Have been for decades. Every single country on our longitude is +1. We are so concerned by famers in Scotland or something that we don't do it, but we should be on CET.

We are one hour ahead of our natural time zone, with British Summer Time.
In October we'll go back to our normal time zone, Greenwich Mean Time. We started time zones, to assist mariners, & travellors.
Forget all this rubbish about CET. We are not in the same time zone as Germany as we are west of them. We are on the same longitude as Lisbon & Capetown.

British Summer Time was brought in to assist our farmers get their harvests in. We did have an experiment around 1970 of double BST (which put us on a par with Europe) which was dreadful & abandoned it. It wasn't just Scotland who was still pitch black at 9am in December.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
In October we'll go back to our normal time zone, Greenwich Mean Time. We started time zones, to assist mariners, & travellors.
Forget all this rubbish about CET. We are not in the same time zone as Germany as we are west of them. We are on the same longitude as Lisbon & Capetown.

British Summer Time was brought in to assist our farmers get their harvests in. We did have an experiment around 1970 of double BST (which put us on a par with Europe) which was dreadful & abandoned it. It wasn't just Scotland who was still pitch black at 9am in December.

If our time zone is based on Greenwich then it is a bit out as more of the country is west of there, so GMT+10' is probably about right. Of course this will never get changed!
I'd like to see us adjust the end/start times of DST similar to the USA though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

If our time zone is based on Greenwich then it is a bit out as more of the country is west of there, so GMT+10' is probably about right. Of course this will never get changed!
I'd like to see us adjust the end/start times of DST similar to the USA though.

This is the sort of pub chat you hear in Lewes.

we are on the wrong ****ing time zone!! Have been for decades. Every single country on our longitude is +1. We are so concerned by famers in scotland or something that we don't do it, but we should be on cet.

If we come out of Europe we should go +2 that way we would start the day one hour ahead of Johnny Brussels and his cronies! Early bird and all that!:moo:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here