Nigel's want to rename East Croydon Station

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
East Croydon - Home Of The Inbreds.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I do wonder if having "Home of the Eagles" on any railway station is likely to confuse American tourists though. Wouldn't want them making a sudden decision to hop off the train at Croydon to try and find the Hotel California.

No, I know there aren't any tourists in Croydon, but I was thinking of those passing through on their way to London or Brighton.

It seems Brits are impressed with this statue and building facade in the famous (and tourist trap) town of Winslow, Arizona. It's on Interstate highway 40 in northern Arizona on the way to the Grand Canyon if you don't fly into Phoenix and then drive north on I-17. AZ Gull would know ore about that. I visited that statue in the middle of Winslow around 2005. Saw 3 other Brits on that trip visiting the monument to the Eagles song "Take it Easy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql_mECWg2f0

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have one such American tycoon who regularly visits our humble abode.
He is so impressed, he may be around for a while.

I'm confused. I thought you lot were so against all these big money investors taking over football clubs. Money ruining the game, #AMF, & all that.

I'm confused. I thought you lot were so against all these big money investors taking over football clubs. Money ruining the game, #AMF, & all that.

Yep, Against modern football, Sky killing the game etc.

Then giving it the big one on here about how much money Sky have given them.

Yours confused.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

I think your getting muddled Edna my dear.
I think you're referring to the HF by the term "you lot" or are you using that as a general term ?
I'm not in the HF, so I'm quite happy for us to continue sucking from the tit of the PL.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
What a disgrace and all that red and blue is likely to give commuters headaches when they have enough angst in their everyday lives. What will the signs say when they are demoted into the Championship? Maybe the "Soaring Eagles" will be replaced by a "Crashed and Burned" sign or even "Dead End Junction". Didn't realise it was April Fool's Day yet.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We have one such American tycoon who regularly visits our humble abode.
He is so impressed, he may be around for a while.

Do you not think that might be down to the 'American feel' your club give off? For example- Jon bon jovi tracks played after every goal, fans only knowing about the Premiership, home and away fans sitting together etc

Any american tycoon would be impressed!

........but deep deep down, you know how it'll all end up as it always does for your club http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_Baltimore

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I believe it will be announced soon.

Well SOMEONE is looking forward to it very much.

Del.JPG

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Do you not think that might be down to the 'American feel' your club give off? For example- Jon bon jovi tracks played after every goal, fans only knowing about the Premiership, home and away fans sitting together etc

Any american tycoon would be impressed!

but deep down, you know how it'll all end up.......................http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_Palace_Baltimore

Hold on one cotton picking minute,
The American Express Stadium ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here