Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Erskine is back....

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I thought I would just mention that the little fellow is going to attend his first game at the Amex on saturday against Blackpool. I don`t think I have ever seen him so looking forward to a match quite so much. It is only recently that he has realised that Blackpool were relegated as they looked quite good in early february I think before his stroke.
We are going to be in the South/East disabled seats on the corner and I`ve told him no Klinsman style dives on the pitch just yet.
He had his Gillingham programme open when I popped in tonight and his radio already tuned to radio Sussex for the Cardiff match and then I had to break it to him that it is actually on tomorrow. The language that comes out of that boys mouth.
Going to have a good walk round between 1.30 and 2.00 before saturdays game so hopefully he`ll bump into old friends.

Lychpole

Mar 2, 2009
Havent seen Nigel in years-used to work with him at some optical company in Worthing a long time ago-top guy :) Will keep an eye out for him.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Nice one, I will look out for him, be good to see the little shit at the Amex.

It would be great if a section of the crowd close by could strike up a chant of "There's only one Nigel Erskine". He's a top fella, a legendary fan, and deserves it!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Fantastic. Never met him but everyone knows him! Hope he has a fantastic day Saturday - would be good if the club could do something special for him at some point.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I remember him from the old days, never knew him that well, but he would always say hello at whatever game i saw him. Sorry to hear about his illness, and i wish him all the best. I'm sure he'll have a great time on Saturday,and i hope the club look after him well on his first visit.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Green Nigel from Worthing, top man and has been for the donkeys years Ive known him, glad to hear he is on the mend and will look out for him on saturday.
Be Good to get him wheeled past in front of the North stand as a treat for the fella !!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Fantastic news. I'll look out for him at the south end of the east stand concourse and buy him a low fat pie

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I never knew him apart from his fanzine fame and seeing him running on the pitch at the Goldstone as a mascot. However he came up to me at the first game at Gillingham as we were having some bother with two kiddies who claimed to be Albion fans ( indeed one had a tattoo of the word "seagulls" round his navel)and then spent time insulting me and my wife as "f***ing Brighton wankers". Nigel came up to us when this incident was occurring and told the yobs to get lost and then spent time talking to us saying he'd never seen these twats at the Goldstone and generally made us feel a bit more welcome - it could have been our first and last game at Priestfield.
Top man and I hope he at least gets a mention over the tannoy.

---
I am here: Google Maps

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Is it true that he's put £500 behind the bar for all his old mates on Saturday?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Pity there isn't an Under 16 turnstile at the Amex so he could re-live his halcyon days of paying half price while in his early 20's

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Good news indeed. Welcome back :clap:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Fantastic news Sid, thanks for the update. So pleased for my li'l old mate. Please tell him me and my sister Maxine have put a pic of him on the mosaic so he is on there for good. There must be an announcement on the tannoy and screen etc , the man is a BHAFC legend .

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,024

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
pity there isn't an under 16 turnstile at the amex so he could re-live his halcyon days of paying half price while in his early 20's

lmfao!

Reactions: NMH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here