Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nigel Adkins is a prick

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Spot on. Cringeworthy stuff from him in the top flight last season. He had an opinion on everything during his press conferences. Not my cup of tea.

You see, now I find Ian Holloway irritating, a lot of his apparently spontaneous witticisms sound a bit too rehearsed to me, and he plays up the whole bumpkin image to his advantage. In my opinion.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
Stupid thread! Some people's hatred is ridiculous! How can one possibly hate somebody they have probably never met and to be honest they don't really know! Nonsense!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Stupid thread! Some people's hatred is ridiculous! How can one possibly hate somebody they have probably never met and to be honest they don't really know! Nonsense!

i dont hate him just dislike the man for the way he comes cover in press conferences ..course it might all be a charade and he is a lovely bloke under it all....lalalala

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
The title of this thread made me chuckle out loud for some reason.

He does have something about him which is easy to hate doesn't he...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i dont hate him just dislike the man for the way he comes cover in press conferences ..course it might all be a charade and he is a lovely bloke under it all....lalalala

There are certain managers that it is easy to dislike, Pardew is another one, and Allardyce. It's nothing to do with the teams they manage. I have to say that a fair bit of the pleasure I got from Saturday's win was to do with putting it over Cotterill again this year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I used to agree re: Pardew, but hes been OK since being at Newcastle and talked a lot of sense on Sky yesterday

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
...and they've lost the same number of games away as we have.

...and have a better goal difference away from home than we do.

(Although our record of 4-2-4 is a touch better than their 3-3-4 right now)

No wonder, 3-3-4 is a bit understrength at the back. Should be 4-3-3....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
To be fair, before the gsam,e Adkins was reported as saying it was far from a "Gimme". I guess whwen you've watched your side dominate and then lose a game it must be harder to take tough. Did he and Cotterill have a cry together somewhere around Watford Gap services?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He may be a twat but he is a very good manager. One of the best managers in football in this country at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here