Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Nicholas Parsons is 95 today

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
He used to frequent the Cooden Beach Hotel in Bexhill years ago. Perhaps still does?

Nice bloke, and a good tipper IIRC.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was wondering what NSCers think would be a reasonable age for them to attain, maybe admitting how much you binge drink/smoke/couch etc.?
I'd happily settle for 95, I think - however, if/when I get to 94 and a half I might not feel so enthusiastic about it...................

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It doesn't seem much more than seven months since I posted this thread, eight months tops - but that's another issue.
In the intervening year, many thousands of men a whole generation younger will have died in Britain of heart attacks, strokes and cancers, without much perspective that their lives were cut short. Somehow it doesn't seem fair, although I don't begrudge Parsons a day of his life.
Seems he had a fortunate first quarter century, during which there was no NHS (his father was a GP). He also avoided war service, ironically due to ill health. Since then, I expect his upbringing would have had an influence, i.e. didn't smoke or spend most days in the pub.

I was wondering what NSCers think would be a reasonable age for them to attain, maybe admitting how much you binge drink/smoke/couch etc.?

Reasonable? For me? 60

(I'm 61 now :shrug:)

Anyway. Nicholarse Parsons is a leg. Hats off to him.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes indeed, saw him at the Dome playing that role many years ago

I've seen the Rocky Horror Show well over fifty times and he was one of the very best narrators.

When he made his entrance the audience (in keeping with tradition) booed him. HIs riposte? "You can ****ing well please yourselves". And he walked off stage.

Bloody brilliant.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Happy Birthday Nick!!

:clap:

Well into the nervous nineties now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here