Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

A quick update from me on the results of my back from hols CT scan last week.
The marker cancer nodule in my peritoneum has grown about 0.5cm all round and is now about the size of a thumbnail. No signs of aggressive disease there or any disease elsewhere so no more chemo just yet. However, I'll be having a complete day out on the NHS at the Royal Surrey in Guildford next Tuesday; initially about a post-surgery abdominal hernia I've developed, followed by some nuclear medicine/radioactive fluorine (ie positron emission tomography or PET scan) to have a look for any cancer signs elsewhere at the cellular level. If there's none (and that's a big IF) then they want to have a look at removing the nodule surgically next year. Apparently this is largely to do with surgical technique development - it's a 10 hour operation!
Millwall in the evening might seem a bit tame after all this - any pregnant women or children near WSUD, Row O should avoid the old git in a flat cap surrounded by a green glow.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
The marker cancer nodule in my peritoneum has grown about 0.5cm all round and is now about the size of a thumbnail. No signs of aggressive disease there or any disease elsewhere so no more chemo just yet. However, I'll be having a complete day out on the NHS at the Royal Surrey in Guildford next Tuesday; initially about a post-surgery abdominal hernia I've developed, followed by some nuclear medicine/radioactive fluorine (ie positron emission tomography or PET scan) to have a look for any cancer signs elsewhere at the cellular level. If there's none (and that's a big IF) then they want to have a look at removing the nodule surgically next year. Apparently this is largely to do with surgical technique development - it's a 10 hour operation!
Millwall in the evening might seem a bit tame after all this - any pregnant women or children near WSUD, Row O should avoid the old git in a flat cap surrounded by a green glow.

That's good news mate, proves that the research is bringing new treatments and surgical methods, hopefully one day they might find something for me but at the moment alls well and it's still stable. There was talk of a pet scan early in my diagnoses but it never happened sounds a bit scary lol.

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Best wishes on getting back to full health, Alex Dawson and Cornish Seagull. :thumbsup:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

yes as said all the best mate looking forward to the arrival of andrew this xmas and little charlie will all be at the watford game come have a beer

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dad died this afternoon just 6 weeks after my mum, it was a relief in the end , RIP dad , love you mate.

Oh dear.....so sorry to hear that Bushy. Very tough times for you and your family. Feel for you.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dad died this afternoon just 6 weeks after my mum, it was a relief in the end , RIP dad , love you mate.

Ah bloody hell.

I am so sorry to hear that mate.

There are no words really.

Dave

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
sorry to hear the news Bushy.

as Dave said, no words can compensate or numb what you must be feeling.

stay strong mate

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

My thoughts are with you and your family. Life can seem unfair at times, i don't think you ever get over it, you just get used to it. My Son would have been 20 this year (he died very young), every day i think about him. Try to think how lucky you were to share time with people you loved and be strong for yourself and your family.

Best wishes too, to the other guys who are unwell and going through treatment.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
My thoughts are with you and your family. Life can seem unfair at times, i don't think you ever get over it, you just get used to it. My Son would have been 20 this year (he died very young), every day i think about him. Try to think how lucky you were to share time with people you loved and be strong for yourself and your family.

Best wishes too, to the other guys who are unwell and going through treatment.
Bloody hell paul, this just goes to show that there is always someone worse off, especially so at this time of year, have a good xmas mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here