Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Excellent mate how are you finding it?? I played footy with my old man as manager for years and it was a bloody nightmare. lol

It's going ok so far mate - season starts on 9th september, we are playing in a fundraising tournament on Saturday morning for a young lad in seaford with a rare incurable cancer so hoping we can help raise a few £ for him :)
There were 18 in Josh's squad at the end of last season so the club dcided to split the squad into 2 teams, and after Jen finished chemo I volunteered to manage the new team.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It never rains but pours ! Not only is my dad struggling with spine and lung cancer , Mum now has cancer in her bile duct, which is rare apparently, they cant operate , as she only weighs four and a half stone and she wouldnt survive it , she wouldnt even survive chemotherapy at the moment , but they are doing tests on fluid in her stomach to see if cancerous cells present, if so , then they wouldnt even bother to operate as it means its spread from the liver and its invariably fatal, its also weighing on my dad at the moment who claims he wouldnt want to go on in this pain without my mum, so basically its a waiting game to see what the tests show.

It never rains but pours ! Not only is my dad struggling with spine and lung cancer , Mum now has cancer in her bile duct, which is rare apparently, they cant operate , as she only weighs four and a half stone and she wouldnt survive it , she wouldnt even survive chemotherapy at the moment , but they are doing tests on fluid in her stomach to see if cancerous cells present, if so , then they wouldnt even bother to operate as it means its spread from the liver and its invariably fatal, its also weighing on my dad at the moment who claims he wouldnt want to go on in this pain without my mum, so basically its a waiting game to see what the tests show.

Sorry to hear this Bushy; your mum's weight (63lb) does seem very low which will limit the treatment options. I've lost 6-7kg during all three of the courses of chemo I've had to date.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mum passed away yesterday, I cant believe the speed with which she went downhill, it was very peaceful, and she didnt suffer, RIP mum, love you always xx
Really, really sorry to hear that. I know we're just blokes who've never actually met and just swap comments on a messageboard but I feel for you. It must have been a real pisser (to put no finer point on it) what with your Dad being the ill one to suddenly lose your Mum like that.

My sincere condolences.

D

Deleted member 22389

Really, really sorry to hear that. I know we're just blokes who've never actually met and just swap comments on a messageboard but I feel for you. It must have been a real pisser (to put no finer point on it) what with your Dad being the ill one to suddenly lose your Mum like that.

My sincere condolences.

And the same from me as well.

I'm really sorry to hear this news Bushy; many people do go downhill quickly, particularly if they're not physically strong or their immune system is compromised. I was visiting another oncology patient at the Royal Surrey in Guildford on Friday evening who's been admitted because of the latter; he seemed very, very tired and I came away feeling pretty down and thinking I'd contributed sfa - still a quick look on here with people whinging on about non-attendees at the Amex just about made my day. Anyway, he had some platelets yesterday and semed much improved this afternoon - how's your dad bearing up? .

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Sorry to hear this bushy. I've got my scan results today, hopefully the cancer is still stable and not grown but what will be will be. It's a tough old life having cancer sometimes. Junior Cornish is due in a couple of weeks so knowing that will take the edge of the results today.

Shit Bushy, really sorry to hear that.
The speed of it all sometimes is astonishing, dad was diagnosed in late September 2001 and passed on November 5th 2001, he holds a macabre record, he died within three quarters of an hour of being admitted to St Catherine's Hospice.

Thoughts are with you.

Edit, just realised, 11 years ago today, RIP Dad x

Last edited:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Sorry to hear this bushy. I've got my scan results today, hopefully the cancer is still stable and not grown but what will be will be. It's a tough old life having cancer sometimes. Junior Cornish is due in a couple of weeks so knowing that will take the edge of the results today.

All crossed for you mate

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Mum passed away yesterday, I cant believe the speed with which she went downhill, it was very peaceful, and she didnt suffer, RIP mum, love you always xx

Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you and your family.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Very sad Bushy, it must be tough to take. Not sure what else to say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here