NHS leg pain

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Had my scan results today and it showed a suspicious lynph node deep in my stomach thats got bigger. Got to go back next wednesday for the biopsy results on my rash to see if it's linked, looks like i will be having a operation to investigate the lynph node in january to see if its cancerous. Not the best news ive had just before christmas.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
blimey mate you really are going through it and over Christmas as well hope you get an early slot
all the best

G

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Had my scan results today and it showed a suspicious lynph node deep in my stomach thats got bigger. Got to go back next wednesday for the biopsy results on my rash to see if it's linked, looks like i will be having a operation to investigate the lynph node in january to see if its cancerous. Not the best news ive had just before christmas.

keeping my fingers crossed for you mate.

Scotch and Lucozade dear boy. Fingers crossed.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks consultant said "Theres something unusual happening with you" lol. Why does everything have to be uncertain FFS MURRAY.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Stay positive mate, you know the drill now. Focus on having a great Christmas and new year, we have every faith in you buddy.

Stay strong :thumbsup:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No, not the best news, but STAY POSITIVE. Once again very easy for me to say, but at least you know they're looking after you now, it's not like before when you had to shout and shout before anyone took you seriously.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Hope it turns out to be nothing mate. Everybody on here has their fingers crossed for you.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Thanks mate, trouble is this time around i won't have morphine to block it out lol. How's the family all ready for crimbo??

Nearly there mate, I know I've got harty's signed shirt that he scored the first goal at the Amex in and a frame to put it in so anything else is a bonus :)

Hope you are more organised than I am - me and josh are venturing into Brighton on Friday morning to get our last few bits :eek:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Andrew - I hope the biopsy shows this growth to benign; as others have said and I know all too well, this is what the ongoing CT monitoring is all about. Are you intending to be back in Wisborough before the Op? I'll be in touch.
Best wishes to you and the family.
N.

Thank you i was hoping for a little longer in remission, instead i can't get past the first scan lol. I probaly won't be up before the op.

Hope things are good with you.
Cheers

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
we as a family are gutted once again .just as we are picking ourselves up BANG back down we go . this year has been really shite andrew continues to show amazing courage when all i can do is blubber like a big baby ,oh how i wish cancer was a person have so much pent up anger [nearly had fight in amex at weekend] . will try to have good christmas but will always be in back of mind .love you always son pops.

Thank you i was hoping for a little longer in remission, instead i can't get past the first scan lol. I probaly won't be up before the op.

Hope things are good with you.
Cheers

Thanks, I'm feeling much better but it's taking longer than I expected for the chemo side effects to completely disappear. We had a relaxing week away on holiday last month and then spent a few days with my wife's sister in central Spain a week or so back.
Next CT scan's at the end of January but I've not really thought much about the likely prognosis since we saw the Consultant in early November; tbh I'm expecting more chemo sometime next year and if it's February then so be it - provided I get to the Italy vs England Six Nations game in Rome beforehand. Best wishes.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
All the best Cornish , Happy Xmas to you and your family.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi, went to see the consultant yesterday and the rash has a name but i can't pronounce it lol. It could be one of 2 things which hopefully the biopsy will confirm the first being a phantom rash which could be reaction to something but also the big c could be back. If it is back then the treatment would be to harvest some bone marrow then high dose chemo to kill my bone marrow as a inpatient then a transplant which would put me in hospital for up to 4weeks in isolation. I hope its not back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports