Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

I developed a itching skin rash on both shins after my 9th or 10th dose and reported it to the oncology team at the Royal Surrey as a potential mild side effect. The rash persisted throughout the remaining chemo, but didn't get any worse, and was finally cleared up by the UV on holiday last week - as with you, using topical steroid cream/ointment (I only tried hydrocortisone) made no difference. Perhaps you could get one of your GP's to prescribe you a week in Mauritius? Best wishes. N.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hope things work out for you Cornish Seagull,I dont know what you're going through, but I know what your family is , my dad (69) has just been diagnosed with cancer of the right lung and spine , he's yet to see an oncologist, but has been tyold he wil receive palliative care, which i'mpretty sure means just trying to contain it, the poor sod beat it 13 years ago when he had it in the larynx , and now this , bloody awful, but i'm just trying to ignore it until we receive a definitive treatment plan and timeline.
Shit. Genuinely sorry for you bushy. All the best. Can't think of anything else to say. :(

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hope things work out for you Cornish Seagull,I dont know what you're going through, but I know what your family is , my dad (69) has just been diagnosed with cancer of the right lung and spine , he's yet to see an oncologist, but has been tyold he wil receive palliative care, which i'mpretty sure means just trying to contain it, the poor sod beat it 13 years ago when he had it in the larynx , and now this , bloody awful, but i'm just trying to ignore it until we receive a definitive treatment plan and timeline.

Sorry mate keep your head up new things come up all the time in treatments.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I developed a itching skin rash on both shins after my 9th or 10th dose and reported it to the oncology team at the Royal Surrey as a potential mild side effect. The rash persisted throughout the remaining chemo, but didn't get any worse, and was finally cleared up by the UV on holiday last week - as with you, using topical steroid cream/ointment (I only tried hydrocortisone) made no difference. Perhaps you could get one of your GP's to prescribe you a week in Mauritius? Best wishes. N.

I hope you had a good time N. How you feeling??

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green

a week in mauritius ! dont put ideas in his head cost me a fortune this year already making out hes been ill .alljoking aside good to hear yuo alex think about you often as said before keep fighting dont let the fucker win . it still does have me on fire with these doctores though 6 gp's have taken a look and have not got a clue because you are young they just fob you off ,no blood test no nothing after all he and weve been through.one day soon ill be down there when he has to go to zed doctor then f***ing look out! take care to everyone with an illness get better soon love pops

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
cheers mate.

Josh just home from school and getting ready for (more) training tonight lol, indoor 5 a side this evening and said he will try and score one for you so he can "do a Cornish celebration" to try and help you to not feel sad (his words) :thumbsup:

I'm very sorry to hear this about your dad.
You're quite right about the impact on the immediate family and friends; it's very easy as the patient to become self-centred and not realise the effects of your condition, prognosis etc on those around you.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm very sorry to hear this about your dad.
You're quite right about the impact on the immediate family and friends; it's very easy as the patient to become self-centred and not realise the effects of your condition, prognosis etc on those around you.
Thanks mate, appreciate your kind words .

Good luck to Mr bushy Snr.

a week in mauritius ! dont put ideas in his head cost me a fortune this year already making out hes been ill .alljoking aside good to hear yuo alex think about you often as said before keep fighting dont let the fucker win . it still does have me on fire with these doctores though 6 gp's have taken a look and have not got a clue because you are young they just fob you off ,no blood test no nothing after all he and weve been through.one day soon ill be down there when he has to go to zed doctor then f***ing look out! take care to everyone with an illness get better soon love pops

Don't start me on GP's; my history (at Rudgwick HC) is not dissimilar to Andrew's:
Sept (after 4 months) - "it's probably just wind, get yourself some Gaviscon matey"; Dec - "53yo is very young to have bowel cancer*, I never thought it could be this**"
* errr - no it isn't. ** Re-read the medical notes then.
A seeming reluctance (by some) to refer (or maybe it's lack of knowledge - what happened to CPD?) whilst continuing with empirical treatment is my biggest criticism of the GP system.

Off to Spain tomorrow for some olive picking and to see my new niece (born last Tuesday).

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Don't start me on GP's; my history (at Rudgwick HC) is not dissimilar to Andrew's:
Sept (after 4 months) - "it's probably just wind, get yourself some Gaviscon matey"; Dec - "53yo is very young to have bowel cancer*, I never thought it could be this**"
* errr - no it isn't. ** Re-read the medical notes then.
A seeming reluctance (by some) to refer (or maybe it's lack of knowledge - what happened to CPD?) whilst continuing with empirical treatment is my biggest criticism of the GP system.

Off to Spain tomorrow for some olive picking and to see my new niece (born last Tuesday).

have a great time m8 you deserve it by the way couple of spare seats on minibus [free to you ] for reading boxing day if interested

have a great time m8 you deserve it by the way couple of spare seats on minibus [free to you ] for reading boxing day if interested

Thanks for the kind offer but a three line whip is being applied to the two of us on Boxing Day; something about not leaving my wife and mother together on their own - the potential carnage doesn't bear thinking about.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Just an update on the mysterious rash spent the afternoon in dermatology and they don't seem to know what it is so they took a biopsy which has left me with 2 stiches in my arm. Ive got to wait a minimum of 2weeks for the results. FFS MURRAY

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Dad, saw the oncologist today, hopefully better than we thought, he will have radiotherapy for the cancer in his spine, and in the new year they will treat the cancer in his lung, its not the aggressive one , so although incurable , hopefully will be with us for a while yet, fingers crossed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here