Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
It's excellent Cornish, very pleased for this news.
Thread not over yet though mate - we are still pulling for Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo! - hand the good baton on and let's get the lad to cross the line too!
Come on A,AD (oo! oo!), not that long now geezer!

That is true mate never leave a man behind.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
I told you Mrs Hillian was warming up her vocal chords, she is now singing like a scalded cat and this is all you fault.

Bloody superb Cornish, bloody superb.

I only want one thing from you. I remember a long time ago on this thread one of your posts about what you wanted to see, that was your little girl as a flower girl at your wedding if I rememeber correctly and we want pictures.

SSSShhhh i was blaming the marrige stuff on the morphine.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Great news Cornish, for you and obviously your family. Can't think of anything else to add but I've been following this thread from the beginning and it's great to know it's had a happy outcome. Now we focus on getting Mr oo! oo! better ...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
An inspiration. This thread has been tough going at times but only a fraction to what you, and others, are going through. Really fantasic news!

Thought I'd post a personal update just in case anyone's still watching.

Like Cornish, I had 12 courses of treatment and these came to an end a couple of weeks back - this was the third course of chemotherapy I've had since being first diagnosed in late 2006.
Met with my consultant at the Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford this morning to discuss the results of the "end of term" CT scan I had last week:
My fortnightly drug cocktail (5FU/Irinotecan/Avastin) continued to be effective (as the mid-term scan showed), the "nodules" in my abdomen (peritoneum) have further reduced in size and are now very small. More importantly, there's no spread to anything vital like the lungs or liver like I had in 2007.
Essentially, this secondary cancer (my primary is bowel - colon), seems to have stabilised so I now have three months off treatment to let the body recover. Another CT scan is scheduled for Feb/March (and every 3 months for life now) after which, depending on the results, I may then need some "maintenance" chemo when the nodule growth inevitably starts up again.
In summary, detecting and controlling the cancer at this early stage is very good news for the family as I should now get a reasonable span and quality of life. The only caviat is my ability to cope with the chemo as I get older (58atm) but then it can't be any worse than watching last week's shambles at Vicarage Road - shirley?

Thanks to all for your best wishes and support over the past months.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Like Cornish, I had 12 courses of treatment and these came to an end a couple of weeks back - this was the third course of chemotherapy I've had since being first diagnosed in late 2006.
Met with my consultant at the Royal Surrey Hospital in Guildford this morning to discuss the results of the "end of term" CT scan I had last week:
My fortnightly drug cocktail (5FU/Irinotecan/Avastin) continued to be effective (as the mid-term scan showed), the "nodules" in my abdomen (peritoneum) have further reduced in size and are now very small. More importantly, there's no spread to anything vital like the lungs or liver like I had in 2007.
Essentially, this secondary cancer (my primary is bowel - colon), seems to have stabilised so I now have three months off treatment to let the body recover. Another CT scan is scheduled for Feb/March (and every 3 months for life now) after which, depending on the results, I may then need some "maintenance" chemo when the nodule growth inevitably starts up again.
In summary, detecting and controlling the cancer at this early stage is very good news for the family as I should now get a reasonable span and quality of life. The only caviat is my ability to cope with the chemo as I get older (58atm) but then it can't be any worse than watching last week's shambles at Vicarage Road - shirley?

sincere best wishes from me. Everything crossed for you.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Good news chap :clap:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill

(my primary is bowel - colon),

Hi - so pleased to hear of your progress. Have you been able to keep your colon. I lost mine to ulcerative colitis, another bugger of a disease, and after a few replumbing operations I'm doing well.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Sounds like good enough news! Is there ever any hope that repeating the chemo could actually get it all eventually? Seems you're coping with it well enough!

Hope you're looking forward to a well deserved three months off - just in time for a lovely Christmas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here