Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
At the begining of this thread i never thought this day would come, its been one hell of a journey and ill second what my dad said (doogie004) I thank you all from the bottom of my heart you have all been amazing in support. Ive met some friends for life on here. This is not just a football forum in my eyes this is a huge community that never turns its back on someone in need. Looking back on this thread there are some times of anger, grief but also laughter which i think along with the chemo juice and positive thoughts is one of the best things you can have when going into battle with this horrid disease.

So this has been my cancer journey and i guess its time to put this thread to bed.

Thank you NSC you done good.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Still some people waiting to congratulate you cornish! Great news!

Trying not to be too nosey but would you say the whole experience has changed you as a person?

I think it has its made me realise that life really is too short. Also that i`m alot stronger then i ever thought i was.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Still some people waiting to congratulate you cornish! Great news!

Trying not to be too nosey but would you say the whole experience has changed you as a person?

speaking from a parents view i would say yes my out look on life has i wonder every day is going to work and working your bollocks of all day is worth it any more trying to think of a way thats easier like moving to cornwall and stacking shelves [ no disrespect meant to anyone] why keep chasing the money but hey thats my own battle today is a bloody good day

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
speaking from a parents view i would say yes my out look on life has i wonder every day is going to work and working your bollocks of all day is worth it any more trying to think of a way thats easier like moving to cornwall and stacking shelves [ no disrespect meant to anyone] why keep chasing the money but hey thats my own battle today is a bloody good day

And it's not as if any amount of money can protect you from illness. Despite riches beyond the wildest dreams of the average man, Steve Jobs was ultimately taken at a young age.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
At the begining of this thread i never thought this day would come, its been one hell of a journey and ill second what my dad said (doogie004) I thank you all from the bottom of my heart you have all been amazing in support. Ive met some friends for life on here. This is not just a football forum in my eyes this is a huge community that never turns its back on someone in need. Looking back on this thread there are some times of anger, grief but also laughter which i think along with the chemo juice and positive thoughts is one of the best things you can have when going into battle with this horrid disease.

So this has been my cancer journey and i guess its time to put this thread to bed.

What a great post. And what a great day for you, and indeed your family too.

It just shows that there are some good things to come out of NSC (REMF being something else that immediately springs to mind.)

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Mate, it's YOU that done good. One day when she's old enough to understand all of this your little girl will be even more proud of you :bowdown:

Last edited:

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I'm absolutely delighted for you, Cornish Seagull. That is brilliant news. Your little girl and all your family must be so proud of your courage through your brave battle against cancer.

Best wishes for the future and a long and happy life mate. You're an inspiration to us all. :clap2:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Thanks everyone. Just to let you all know ill be at hull at home and millwall away so if you see a BHA shirt with CORNISH with the number 11 on the back come and say hello.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
So delighted for you CS. No-one should have to suffer this horrible disease and indeed no-one should have to suffer it alone.

So well done for having the courage to come on here and share with us what some people may not want to. NSC can sometimes be bloody brilliant. I'll look out for you at the Amex mate.

Great great news. Cheers, Mac.

It's excellent Cornish, very pleased for this news.
Thread not over yet though mate - we are still pulling for Alex, Alex Dawson oo! oo! - hand the good baton on and let's get the lad to cross the line too!
Come on A,AD (oo! oo!), not that long now geezer!

I told you Mrs Hillian was warming up her vocal chords, she is now singing like a scalded cat and this is all you fault.

Bloody superb Cornish, bloody superb.

I only want one thing from you. I remember a long time ago on this thread one of your posts about what you wanted to see, that was your little girl as a flower girl at your wedding if I rememeber correctly and we want pictures.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
great stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here