Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Great news Cornish, keep the spirit and belief going as some medics have said that they are 2/3rds of the battle. I'm awaiting a call from Guys hospital for another pre-med visit in preparation for a liver transplant. I just want to get on with it and what will be will be. Still can't get my head round the fact that it will take someone to pass for myself to have a chance of survival. I feel selfish when I think about it each and every day. But again, great to hear your news, keep going !!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Great news CS. So pleased for you buddy.

All the best to you, AD and you too Jimbo.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Great news Cornish, keep the spirit and belief going as some medics have said that they are 2/3rds of the battle. I'm awaiting a call from Guys hospital for another pre-med visit in preparation for a liver transplant. I just want to get on with it and what will be will be. Still can't get my head round the fact that it will take someone to pass for myself to have a chance of survival. I feel selfish when I think about it each and every day. But again, great to hear your news, keep going !!

Hi Jimbo dont feel selfish when the day comes for your transplant im sure the family will be pleased that there loss will help someone live on. If you keep thinking about the negatives it will start playing on your mind and effect your mental and physical health. Hope things go well for you Jimbo.

No need to feel selfish imo, the donor will have been glad to give you this chance; that's why he/she is on the register. It's not completely analogous to your situation but throughout my cancer treatment over the past 4.5 years, including having 60% of the liver removed, I've felt quite humbled by those who freely donate their blood, sign up on the organ donor register etc - don't know why 'cos I'm one and have been giving blood since I was 21 in the heady days of Clough and Taylor. However, it's a real disappointment following a 3pt top-up a few weeks back, that I can't donate again - fully understand the rationale but it bothers me greatly, more so than the current chemo tbh.
Anyway, the very best of luck and hopefully you'll get a chance to sample some Dark Star at the Amex at some future date (I don't mean "sample" in a George Best way either). You're in good hands at Guys.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
No need to feel selfish imo, the donor will have been glad to give you this chance; that's why he/she is on the register. It's not completely analogous to your situation but throughout my cancer treatment over the past 4.5 years, including having 60% of the liver removed, I've felt quite humbled by those who freely donate their blood, sign up on the organ donor register etc - don't know why 'cos I'm one and have been giving blood since I was 21 in the heady days of Clough and Taylor. However, it's a real disappointment following a 3pt top-up a few weeks back, that I can't donate again - fully understand the rationale but it bothers me greatly, more so than the current chemo tbh.
Anyway, the very best of luck and hopefully you'll get a chance to sample some Dark Star at the Amex at some future date (I don't mean "sample" in a George Best way either). You're in good hands at Guys.

Thanks lads !

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
What a day albion sign CMS ive brought a new tv and i got some results from my scan. It was really good news the majority of the cancer has gone theres only a couple of nodes left to blast away. Im winning!

Only just caught up with this, but that's brilliant news and a great example to others. The tide is turning...

Any good movies to watch on the new TV? Currently just down the road from you in Falmouth.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Only just caught up with this, but that's brilliant news and a great example to others. The tide is turning...

Any good movies to watch on the new TV? Currently just down the road from you in Falmouth.

Cheers. No movies yet just the ps3 and cbeebies lol. Falmouths nice have you been to pendennis castle yet?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
great news cornish, theres a pint on offer from me n si when you can make it to falmer.

good luck and best wishes alex and jimbo

What a day albion sign CMS ive brought a new tv and i got some results from my scan. It was really good news the majority of the cancer has gone theres only a couple of nodes left to blast away. Im winning!

I have just caught up with this, and i have to say it feels like a family member has just been given really good news.

Bloody marvelous mate.

I am looking forward to meeting up at Falmer for that pint.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Hi everyone feel a bit strange today not ill but a bit down, i dont know why just an off day i suppose. I finish my 4th cycle tomorrow. I think im getting to the fed up stage of things i think one of the worst things about this illness is the length of time it goes on for. Sorry about the sense of negativity.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hi everyone feel a bit strange today not ill but a bit down, i dont know why just an off day i suppose. I finish my 4th cycle tomorrow. I think im getting to the fed up stage of things i think one of the worst things about this illness is the length of time it goes on for. Sorry about the sense of negativity.
I think you're entitled to feel a bit 'down', what with you've been through. Just remember that you've got a load of people on here rooting for you. Keep going and keep those positive thought up. Think of watching a match at the Amex with all your friends and family and what it'll be like to hear 20,000 people in an enclosed stadium all cheering the Albion!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
You're doing so well Cornish, such strides made against this beast already. Guess it seems like a long way to go? which is getting you down but don't forget you've already acheived soo much.

Hang in there :thumbsup:

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
need everyones help to persaude andrew to attempt to make the first game at the amex, last time spoke to his doctor and said should be o.k to travel the first game fits in well between chemo so come on son you can make it . just heard that my back op is going to be soon after wating 4 years wots the odds its going to be on or around 6th august . oh well

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Nobody said you aren't allowed down days mate, try and focus on how far you've come and how bloody well you have done. We are getting ready for Jen's next chemo next Thursday (the day before Josh breaks up for summer lol) and I think we have about 2 years left after that. You are so near to evicting your squatter Cornish, I for one can't wait to shake you by the hand and put a face to the name and buy you that promised pint from all those months ago.

All the best from 3 of your biggest fans :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here