Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NHS leg pain

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Really pleased to read some positive news from you, keep it up, how did the evening out go, did you find a frock that fitted??!?

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Cheers guys. I havent started my airfix models yet, my fingers arnt very good at the moment. The meal was really good it was good to get out and do normal things.
Im hoping to get to the amex after treatment so maybe october november. Cheers for all the support.

Cheers guys. I havent started my airfix models yet, my fingers arnt very good at the moment. The meal was really good it was good to get out and do normal things.
Im hoping to get to the amex after treatment so maybe october november. Cheers for all the support.

How's the sneezing etc, did you get something sorted out? Hope everything goes ok with the treatment on Thursday, I'll be thinking of you.

I still sneeze but not as bad lol Hows things going with you?
Fine, trying to get the garden sorted this week before it all kicks off for the summer.
Pre-treatment assessment/discussion and bloods at the Royal Surrey in Guildford tomorrow morning then PICC line fitting followed by the first dosing on Monday - oh the joy of an "all dayer". A free NHS lunch too but must remember to avoid the pasta - "overcooked" is such an inadequate word.
Let me know when you're coming up for a game in the autumn, our son has an ST next to me in the WSU but he often can't make it due to work. You'd be welcome to use his ticket and if you're staying in Wisborough Green, it's only just down the road for me so could pick you up.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Fine, trying to get the garden sorted this week before it all kicks off for the summer.
Pre-treatment assessment/discussion and bloods at the Royal Surrey in Guildford tomorrow morning then PICC line fitting followed by the first dosing on Monday - oh the joy of an "all dayer". A free NHS lunch too but must remember to avoid the pasta - "overcooked" is such an inadequate word.
Let me know when you're coming up for a game in the autumn, our son has an ST next to me in the WSU but he often can't make it due to work. You'd be welcome to use his ticket and if you're staying in Wisborough Green, it's only just down the road for me so could pick you up.

I can never stomach hospital food lol. Thanks for the offer of the ticket. My old man has got me a ST so im sorted on that part. But when i do come up we will have to meet in the bar before as with many others. Im hoping with regards to treatment ill fly through them now but as always you prepare for the unexpected. Ive set some goals with the mrs of what were going to do when im better so we have something to keep us going. Its true what they say every little thing helps.

I can never stomach hospital food lol. Thanks for the offer of the ticket. My old man has got me a ST so im sorted on that part. But when i do come up we will have to meet in the bar before as with many others. Im hoping with regards to treatment ill fly through them now but as always you prepare for the unexpected. Ive set some goals with the mrs of what were going to do when im better so we have something to keep us going. Its true what they say every little thing helps.

That's exactly what we did when I was first diagnosed in late 2006. Brought forward many of the things we'd planned for later life; bought & renovated the 17th century cottage we now live in etc, etc. The only one left for me personally is walking with our son from the Goldstone to Falmer on August 6th; unfortunately the chemotherapy may scupper that as I could be too knackered - could always start the day before I suppose.:lol:

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
That's exactly what we did when I was first diagnosed in late 2006. Brought forward many of the things we'd planned for later life; bought & renovated the 17th century cottage we now live in etc, etc. The only one left for me personally is walking with our son from the Goldstone to Falmer on August 6th; unfortunately the chemotherapy may scupper that as I could be too knackered - could always start the day before I suppose.:lol:

You`ll do it just take it easy. What sort of side effects will your chemo bring up???

You`ll do it just take it easy. What sort of side effects will your chemo bring up???

From what I've read; tiredness certainly, maybe some diahorrea and sickness during and post treatment although both are controllable, hair loss (I look at this a cost saving on shampoo and haircuts) and body temperature to monitor (for developing infection) as the immune system gets hammered at 5-8 days post treatment. They'll run through all this tomorrow at the pre-assessment but, having been through this twice before, I think I'm well prepared for anything. I have found myself getting very irritable during chemo before.

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
From what I've read; tiredness certainly, maybe some diahorrea and sickness during and post treatment although both are controllable, hair loss (I look at this a cost saving on shampoo and haircuts) and body temperature to monitor (for developing infection) as the immune system gets hammered at 5-8 days post treatment. They'll run through all this tomorrow at the pre-assessment but, having been through this twice before, I think I'm well prepared for anything. I have found myself getting very irritable during chemo before.

Sound similar hopefully it will be the bear minimum lets hope we get through this unscathed. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here