Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** NFL Fantasy Football - NSC League halfway point and onwards ***

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Still playing, missed setting my starters last week as I was pissed up at Wembley.

Not done fantasy before so surprised to be queried about inactivity - been doing my lineups and picked a couple of players off waiver. Didn't realise there was much more to do.

I think (but it may have been a group message) I got a PM asking if I am still active - not sure if it was as it said about not logging on for 2 weeks although I am on NFL.COM most days and visit the league 2/3 times a week and every day over the weekend on the app

Yo, can you two lemme know which teams are yours? :)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Brighton Bills.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Vipers Venom def. Prestonville Dolphins 95.62 - 40.90

The Vipers won because: Running backs were the king of the hill, Morris and Ingram both putting up over 20 points really sealed the deal for Venom this week, notable mentions to the flex Jags RB and born again Jimmy in NOLA.

The Dolphins lost because: Real team effort in this one boys, not a single one of the chaps stepped up to the mark, with notable failings from San Diego pair Novak and Allen, making up the difference for Rivers on the other side. Only AJ Green put up double figures.

Geno 911 def. LT's Facemask 134.60 - 95.06

Geno won because: Big Ben dropping TWELVE TD's in two weeks, I mean jesus christ thats strong. Plus the Jeremys came out to play, Maclin and Hill both putting up impressive totals for their sides and Sanu doing a great job still, even being opposite AJ.

LT lost because: The running backs did absolutely nothing for the cause, Gore and Cunningham barely put up ten between them, and Tight End Harbor did zero to help the cause, special mention to Bryant though, good pick up.

HandEggRules def. i have no idea what im doing 94.76 - 27.98

HandEgg won because: Andrew Luck dropped bombs all over New Yorks favourite Manning and Desean Jackson continues to prove he can light up the Redskins with anyone at quarter back, interesting! Much appreciated freebie win though, gets him back in the playoff hunt!

ihniwid lost because:
Although they were last online 30th October, they fielded some byes and some injuries which baffles, gonna have to keep a eye on this one, might have to seek a new owner.

Takers Seachickens def. Oklahoma B52's 59.40 - 57.22

Takers won because: Although not active since the 14th of October (will be keeping an eye), Taker just about had enough in him to put it past Oklahoma with Harvin finally making his mark at the Jets with 13, and kicker Vinatieri smashing 16 points up on the board! Just think how many points he'd have put up if he didn't play four bye players :tosser:

Oklahoma lost because:
Despite playing someone who may have dropped out, his players followed suit and seemed to not bother to show up, with rookies Bridgewater and Hillman doing their bit for the team, Benjamin the the Chargers really made him suffer.

Show me your TD's def. Henry Horse 82.16 - 70.64

TD's won because: JJ ****ing Watt doing what he does as usual along with the rest of Houston, putting up a strong 17 points, along with Hilton and Smith doing the solid one. Foster may be a concern despite his strong performance, he may be injured, worth watching.

Horse lost because: This side will have a new owner by week 10 beginning. Not been active since draft day.

Atlanta Rabbitohs def. SLC Seahawks 94.94 - 78.22

Atlanta won because: A real team effort this one. Vick, Beckham, Gronk, Miller and Cundiff ALL putting up double figures, Gronk staying fit could be the key to Atlantas season, 6-3 so far in the season and could well be looking for the playoffs lead by the NE Tight end.

SLC lost because: 5 of his 9 players put up around 14 points between them with the biggest loser being Donte Moncrief, who maybe had a false dawn last week with a solid game. Special mention to Ellington though, who seems set to be a first round RB come next year.

Cowboy Skankers def. Brighton Bills 96.62 - 54.38

Cowboys won because: Between Brady, Lynch and Bradshaw, they alone put up enough points to see off the Bills, big mentions to the pair of Brady (who picked apart the Broncos D) and Lynch who is showing Seattle what they'll be missing next year.

Bills lost because: Their kicker on a bye is never going to help, and no replacement picked up from waivers, much to the annoyance of the Dolphins D and Brees, who put up over 80% of their points!

Jammy Dodgers def. Shatners Bassoons 76.12 - 66.06

Jammy won because: Charles and Sanders showing their worth to a side, putting up 30 between them in a low scoring affair. Very well done to Forsett too, putting up a solid 10 points for the Dodgers and Dalton putting up an ok showing against the Jags.

Bassoons lost because: The lack of faith in Ryan Godehill cost him, despite rookie Evans best performance of the season by a country mile, is he starting to come good? Could be an interesting one if so! A lot of scouts had him down as better than Watkins in the draft season.

TOTW: Geno 911 - 134.60
QBOTW: Ben Roethlisberger - Geno 911
LOL of the week: Not starting Tannehill who put up almost 30 points, hindsight is 20-20

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Vipers Venom def. Prestonville Dolphins 95.62 - 40.90

The Vipers won because: Running backs were the king of the hill, Morris and Ingram both putting up over 20 points really sealed the deal for Venom this week, notable mentions to the flex Jags RB and born again Jimmy in NOLA.

The Dolphins lost because: Real team effort in this one boys, not a single one of the chaps stepped up to the mark, with notable failings from San Diego pair Novak and Allen, making up the difference for Rivers on the other side. Only AJ Green put up double figures.

Geno 911 def. LT's Facemask 134.60 - 95.06

Geno won because: Big Ben dropping TWELVE TD's in two weeks, I mean jesus christ thats strong. Plus the Jeremys came out to play, Maclin and Hill both putting up impressive totals for their sides and Sanu doing a great job still, even being opposite AJ.

LT lost because: The running backs did absolutely nothing for the cause, Gore and Cunningham barely put up ten between them, and Tight End Harbor did zero to help the cause, special mention to Bryant though, good pick up.

HandEggRules def. i have no idea what im doing 94.76 - 27.98

HandEgg won because: Andrew Luck dropped bombs all over New Yorks favourite Manning and Desean Jackson continues to prove he can light up the Redskins with anyone at quarter back, interesting! Much appreciated freebie win though, gets him back in the playoff hunt!

ihniwid lost because:
Although they were last online 30th October, they fielded some byes and some injuries which baffles, gonna have to keep a eye on this one, might have to seek a new owner.

Takers Seachickens def. Oklahoma B52's 59.40 - 57.22

Takers won because: Although not active since the 14th of October (will be keeping an eye), Taker just about had enough in him to put it past Oklahoma with Harvin finally making his mark at the Jets with 13, and kicker Vinatieri smashing 16 points up on the board! Just think how many points he'd have put up if he didn't play four bye players :tosser:

Oklahoma lost because:
Despite playing someone who may have dropped out, his players followed suit and seemed to not bother to show up, with rookies Bridgewater and Hillman doing their bit for the team, Benjamin the the Chargers really made him suffer.

Show me your TD's def. Henry Horse 82.16 - 70.64

TD's won because: JJ ****ing Watt doing what he does as usual along with the rest of Houston, putting up a strong 17 points, along with Hilton and Smith doing the solid one. Foster may be a concern despite his strong performance, he may be injured, worth watching.

Horse lost because: This side will have a new owner by week 10 beginning. Not been active since draft day.

Atlanta Rabbitohs def. SLC Seahawks 94.94 - 78.22

Atlanta won because: A real team effort this one. Vick, Beckham, Gronk, Miller and Cundiff ALL putting up double figures, Gronk staying fit could be the key to Atlantas season, 6-3 so far in the season and could well be looking for the playoffs lead by the NE Tight end.

SLC lost because: 5 of his 9 players put up around 14 points between them with the biggest loser being Donte Moncrief, who maybe had a false dawn last week with a solid game. Special mention to Ellington though, who seems set to be a first round RB come next year.

Cowboy Skankers def. Brighton Bills 96.62 - 54.38

Cowboys won because: Between Brady, Lynch and Bradshaw, they alone put up enough points to see off the Bills, big mentions to the pair of Brady (who picked apart the Broncos D) and Lynch who is showing Seattle what they'll be missing next year.

Bills lost because: Their kicker on a bye is never going to help, and no replacement picked up from waivers, much to the annoyance of the Dolphins D and Brees, who put up over 80% of their points!

Jammy Dodgers def. Shatners Bassoons 76.12 - 66.06

Jammy won because: Charles and Sanders showing their worth to a side, putting up 30 between them in a low scoring affair. Very well done to Forsett too, putting up a solid 10 points for the Dodgers and Dalton putting up an ok showing against the Jags.

Bassoons lost because: The lack of faith in Ryan Godehill cost him, despite rookie Evans best performance of the season by a country mile, is he starting to come good? Could be an interesting one if so! A lot of scouts had him down as better than Watkins in the draft season.

TOTW: Geno 911 - 134.60
QBOTW: Ben Roethlisberger - Geno 911
LOL of the week: Not starting Tannehill who put up almost 30 points, hindsight is 20-20

Is this your report? I like it, despite your impertinence! :wink:

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I enjoyed it, nice touch!

I did think about starting Tannehill, but just thought that Russell Wilson would go mad against the Raiders at home. Oh well...

pacman

Jul 27, 2008
Farnborough
Think I'm going to have to leave Stafford on the bench this week with Big Ben up against the awful (as much as I wish it wasn't) Jets secondary.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Great write ups, if only The Gronk did play for Atlanta in real life :(

I see we have a new team? Henne I Shrunk The Kids?... Just try not to beat me in Week 12, I was looking forward to playing the 0-9 Henry Horse!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Great write ups, if only The Gronk did play for Atlanta in real life :(

I see we have a new team? Henne I Shrunk The Kids?... Just try not to beat me in Week 12, I was looking forward to playing the 0-9 Henry Horse!

Have a look at the team, I don't really think you have much to worry about.

No wonder the previous owner didn't bother. It was a poor draft to start with an on top of that Adrian Peterson and RGIII have barely played. I'll be trying to pick up some keepers for next year and hopefully avoid 0-14.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cheeky burger Viper [emoji6] I mean 135 points was obscene, SF dodgy play calling not to use Gore more.

johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
I'll be good to carry on next year (SLC ...). Just need to find more than one RB and WR that can do anything useful

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Week 10

Vipers Venom def. Oklahoma B52's 91.38 - 89.08

Vipers won because: Running backs, running backs, running backs. Robinson took off again in London, Ingram put up a respectable total and Sankey did some adding to the total too. Obvious thanks to big Jimmy G who unsurprisingly posts the teams highest score and the Cowboys for keeping JAx quiet.

Oklahoma lost because: One Jordy does not a team make. Although he had Nelson on his side, which usually most weeks with a total like that would have won it for anyone, OK also had Cutler, Forte AND Alshon, and we don't need to talk about the Bears anymore, thanks.

Geno 911 def. Prestonville Dolphins 103.52 - 88.36

Geno won because: Despite their tight end doing absolutely nothing, the Eagles did. Putting up a MASSIVE 31 points on D, it really made the difference to an otherwise average side, exluding big Dez who came alive under Romo again, Cowboys head into their bye week next week. No pressure!

Dolphins lost because: FIVE players put up single figures only. That's it. But unlike Geno, the Dolphins had no stand out player like Dez and the Eagles D. Sad really, because the Browns 17 points on Thursday looked great.

LT's Facemask def. HandEggRules 118.00 - 55.46

LT won because: Both the Packers and the 9ers scored some big points, and with Godgers at QB and both Gore and Boldin in the line up, it was always going to look healthy if both had a good day, and my lord did they. Imagine the points if Aaron wasn't benched. Big shout to Bryant too, defo WR2 opposite Brown in Pitt.

Hand lost because: Only TWO players scored in double figures. Bengals had a NIGHTMARE, it was just a calamity this week, the less said the better. Let's look forward to next week eh?

i have no idea what im doing def. Show me your TD's 78.70 - 41.04

ihniwid won because: Browns RB's all had a field day against Cincy, and Megatron came back with a bang with some unbelievable stuff. Cook for the Rams also put up some impressive TE points for the chaps who haven't got a clue.

TD's lost because: Houston on a bye week, Stacy not in the running, Jones Drew against Denver and Cam not Camming like he Cam'd last year = rout.

SLC Seahawks def. Takers Seachickens 72.70 - 65.40

SLC won because: How many times do I have to say this? Peyton, Peyton, Peyton. At the Raiders was always gonna go off, no matter how edgy it started. Cobb also balled on the Bears and Ellington is cementing himself as a top RB, consistently performing.

Takers lost because: EJ Manuel not being in a starting line up for weeks, his kicker on a bye and when the QB starts with 0 points against a man who usually puts up 30 you're already done, despite Murray and Thomas.

Henne I shrunk The Kids def. Brighton Bills 89.88 - 46.78

Henne won because: Debut game goes swimmingly and takes the fist victory for the new franchize of the season! Bringing in Sanchez = inspired, Marshall being the only one to put up numbers despite Cutler and the Cards running rampant at the Rams asserted his foray into the league.

Bills lost because: Literally Drew Brees is the only man to put up double figures. I mean that takes some doing on these players parts. Even the Dolphins D couldn't put up their usual solid numbers. Massively disappointing week and one more game like this can see them sink into last place.

Jammy Dodgers def. Atlanta Rabbitohs 130.74 - 84.24

Jammy won because: Of a solid team effort. 6 of the 8 players put up double figures DESPITE Andy LOLton at QB Thursday night, which is always a good sign. That amount of players putting up big numbers always leaves you in a good position, big shout out to Matthews who ruined Carolina.

Atlanta lost because: McCoy is a shadow of the RB we've seen in the past, and three players putting up less than FOUR points between them. If they'd have all pulled their weight then it'd have been one hell of a game this. I'm looking at you, Lamar Miller.

Cowboy Skankers def. Shatners Bassoons 102.86 - 93.08

Cowboys won because: I know you might be a bit miffed at this short write up but it really only needs two words. Why did the Cowboys win?

Beast.
Mode.

Shatner lost because: Gerhart is behind Denard in the RB position in Jax, Ball isn't quite fit and Heath Miller along with the rest of the Steelers had a poor poor day at the office. Looks like Evans is starting to show his skills from college though, how exciting!

TOTW - Jammy Dodgers - 130.74
QBOTW - Aaron Rodgers - LT's Facemask
POTW - Marshawn Lynch - Cowboy Skankers
LOL of the week - Bears. Literally Mel Tuckers D schemes.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone wanna do a trade for RG3 (Robert Griffin) QB? I notice there are a couple of franchises he'd improve and as a youngster might be keeper material. I'm going to ride the rocky Sanchez train until the end of the season I reckon.

Looking for RB's and WR's. Preferably a half decent starting decent one of each, certainly not looking for world beaters, looking for depth.

<Insert video of RG 3's fantastic NFL debut season here>

Regards,

Henne I Shrunk The Kids

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

LT's Facemask def. HandEggRules 118.00 - 55.46

LT won because: Both the Packers and the 9ers scored some big points, and with Godgers at QB and both Gore and Boldin in the line up, it was always going to look healthy if both had a good day, and my lord did they. Imagine the points if Aaron wasn't benched. Big shout to Bryant too, defo WR2 opposite Brown in Pitt.

Hand lost because: Only TWO players scored in double figures. Bengals had a NIGHTMARE, it was just a calamity this week, the less said the better. Let's look forward to next week eh?

For me it was always going to be a risky week as most of my starters were on a bye week, in fact, my entire bench was unavailable due to bye except for josh Gordon who is suspended until week 12 meaning i had very little choice in my line up.

I had been looking to draft in a few new players but couldn't find anyone better than i already had for that week so had to chance it with what i had due to the league size.

All my usual starters are now back (and Josh Gordon a week away from playing again) so hopefully it's back to normality for me (points scoring wise) but it would be nice if everyone else didn't have an exceptional scoring week against me for the rest of the season to give me a chance at reaching post season.

I'm enjoying this, but my team arn't picking up the wins they deserve.......this sounds similar to something else, i just can't think what it is atm......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here