Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Next weekend's football probably postponed

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
10,000 police being called in to London for security duties involving all the VIP's arriving for the Queens funeral.
None left for policing football.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Going to make an already congested season even more complicated.

If there wasn’t a pointless international break in September it wouldn’t be such an issue.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I shouldn't imagine all games should need to be postponed.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Agree. I think it’ll be looked at on a match by match basis. Some - Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea probably off. No reason others should be.

Given there will be a huge amount of police taken to London those left won’t be adequate enough to want large scale events taking place. Be amazed if they aren’t all off

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Going to make an already congested season even more complicated.

If there wasn’t a pointless international break in September it wouldn’t be such an issue.

Scrap the friendlies and let's scrap the horrendous world cup while we are at it. Problem solved.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Given there will be a huge amount of police taken to London those left won’t be adequate enough to want large scale events taking place. Be amazed if they aren’t all off
From The Guardian today which I agree with.

There is the acknowledgement that losing one round of games is a headache in an already congested calendar but two would present acute challenges. Therefore, the league and the clubs would try to get away whichever matches they could next weekend, with the feeling being that a partially completed round would be better than no round at all.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
From The Guardian today which I agree with.

There is the acknowledgement that losing one round of games is a headache in an already congested calendar but two would present acute challenges. Therefore, the league and the clubs would try to get away whichever matches they could next weekend, with the feeling being that a partially completed round would be better than no round at all.

I very much agree with it too - just expect there will be a bit of pushback from policing. Certainly for PL / Championship anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here