Next Season's Teams

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Did a quick search and couldn't see this, but apologies if it is.

As the season is nearly done now, who do you think we'll be seeing next season and who will be moving up or down? Obviously Pompey, Coventry and Donny will be down in League One next season, and Reading are set for Premier League football.

Will it be Saints or West Ham gaining the other automatic space? I'm hoping for West Ham, but I'd be pretty surprised if Saints lose to Coventry next Saturday. As for the Championship play-offs, that's always very tricky to pick.

We'll almost certainly be seeing Wolves coming down from the Premier League next season (I don't think it's quite mathematical yet), but who's coming with them? With two games in hand Bolton could survive, but it looks a bit too tight to call. Could be any of Blackburn, Wigan, QPR or even Villa.

Coming up from League One we're going to see Charlton (clearly) and one of the Sheffield sides. Personally I think we could see both Sheffield sides coming up, one via the playoffs.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Tough names on paper to face-but as always clubs will be dying or on the slide,others will be growing like us and others no matter who they are will find it hard as they will be everybody's cup final..

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I think The Owls will pip The Blades to second place, and Sheffield United will then fail in the play-offs. It would be typical of football if the team who've been on a shockingly bad run, Huddersfield Town, grabbed the third promotion place.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bolton and Blackburn would be two new grounds, not being selfish like

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Did a quick search and couldn't see this, but apologies if it is.

As the season is nearly done now, who do you think we'll be seeing next season and who will be moving up or down? Obviously Pompey, Coventry and Donny will be down in League One next season, and Reading are set for Premier League football.

Will it be Saints or West Ham gaining the other automatic space? I'm hoping for West Ham, but I'd be pretty surprised if Saints lose to Coventry next Saturday. As for the Championship play-offs, that's always very tricky to pick.

We'll almost certainly be seeing Wolves coming down from the Premier League next season (I don't think it's quite mathematical yet), but who's coming with them? With two games in hand Bolton could survive, but it looks a bit too tight to call. Could be any of Blackburn, Wigan, QPR or even Villa.

Coming up from League One we're going to see Charlton (clearly) and one of the Sheffield sides. Personally I think we could see both Sheffield sides coming up, one via the playoffs.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

Blackpool will win the playoffs regardless of who else is there,coventry please beat stains next week and west ham win both of your last games please
:albion2:

D

Deleted member 18477

Out: Reading, Saints, West Ham... Cov, Donny, Pompey

In: Wolves, Bolton, Wigan... Charlton, Shef Wed, MK Dicks

I really want QPR and blackburn to come down but can see them staying up.
I really want west ham to f*** it up and for Blackpool to get promoted.
I can see MK dicks coming up because what I want never usually happens and I hate them so much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports