Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next season

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Hello ladies, it's been a while :shrug:

Looks like we've been able to turn things around financially and be re-united with our ground. Sadly we may not be able to keep all our decent players, but hey ho, we've survived, in the CHampionship. I'm sure you watched on TV, i heard it was one of your most sucessful threads of the year, so congratulate yourselves. I was one of the 6000 and saw the sillyness from the Northern Monkeys i only thought could have been levelled at us-from you lot (or the real pikeys, Charlton). Later i realised it was sour grapes, but then they were shit for the whole season. Don't be lured by their talk of big ground/big club, Hillsborough is ancient and a mare to get away from.
I mentioned the pikeys earlier, and joy of joys they didn't disappoint in their quest to climb a division. I sent them an email on how to do the Himelick Maneuver as they choked so bad. I hear a lottery winner has bought them a player for next season. He said when he wins another £10, he'll buy them another (boom tish). Still, it's another away day to the 'big smoke' for you guys and i would be disappointed to not hear of any abuse hurled toward Selhurst at 80mph.

Anyhow, do you see yourselves climbing out of the pub league next season and are you at last going to bite the bullet and spend loads on better players? You do know (deep down) that if we are not your opponents for your stadium opener-you've missed a trick.

To the people on here who just abuse, fcuk you all :salute: to the sensible on here, enjoy your Summer :thumbsup: and may the banter continue in a couple of months.

Masterbation for the nation.

All the best

P S

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I honestly believe you boys will win promotion next season. You had a very strong finish to the term and Poyet looks like a decent manager.
Also. I've just seen on teletext that Crofts has gone to Norwich.
How come?

Rumoured to be on triple the salary and the chance to play in the Championship at a club with a nice ground. Gus didn't want to stand in his way and we get up to £300k. Easy decision really. Most people are sad to see him go, but think he can be replaced without too much difficulty. Good profit for a free transfer.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I honestly believe you boys will win promotion next season. You had a very strong finish to the term and Poyet looks like a decent manager.
How come?

higher level, better wages and we can probably go out and sign a better player

dont see us going up next year unless we sneak through the play offs - conversely, skybet have palace as second favourites to go down. is that fair?

higher level, better wages and we can probably go out and sign a better player

dont see us going up next year unless we sneak through the play offs - conversely, skybet have palace as second favourites to go down. is that fair?

As much as it pains me to admit it, I'd have to say that's about bang on the money, SM.
When/if the new owners are in place, I think they will be very prudent (a good thing seeing as we as fans have had all the money mismanagement we can take, imo) so big earners will go and youth brought in.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As much as it pains me to admit it, I'd have to say that's about bang on the money, SM.
When/if the new owners are in place, I think they will be very prudent (a good thing seeing as we as fans have had all the money mismanagement we can take, imo) so big earners will go and youth brought in.

The new consortium will certainly sort things out and take a sensible approach. Is the Skybet odds taking into account the 17 points deduction scenario ? If Tangoman does the right thing with exiting the CVA you could be starting on 0 points and the odds on Skybet will change accordingly.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
good article in the football league paper today.Looks like Simon Jordan is the main player still.Kid Jenson said unlikely to be sorted out in the next few weeks.So Palace may have to sell ambrose and other players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. Easy decision really. Most people are sad to see him go, but think he can be replaced without too much difficulty. Good profit for a free transfer.

Most people may be getting carried away imo. It will be a tall order to replace him with as good a player.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
How come?

He came from Gillingham.Went to Norwich so he can get a houseboat on the Norfolk Broads - remind him of the caravan.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Scunny, Barnsley and Doncaster will all struggle next season PS, and I can see Pompey going straight down to League 1 too, so there is going to be competition in the drop zone.

Norwich are a good side, and Leeds will weasel their way to mid table tedium.

Who would you rather go up, Huddersfield or the 'Wall? It would give you a decent local match to look forward to if the latter made it. After all, as much as you detest us, you would love to give us a pasting in the same division too!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here