Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Next James Bond?

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Just saw this story about an awesome corn maze with a Bond design(See below), and got me thinking again about who the next Bond will be. Never really a fan of Daniel Craig tbh, and hard to beat Connery or Moore, but my personal choices are either Tom Hardy or Tom Hiddleston. Any other Bond fans here? Thoughts about next Bond? Favorite movie? Mine is Thunderball.

Huge Bond fan so hope they get it right.

Corn Maze:

James-Bond-corn-maze-Richardsons-Adventure-Farm-SWNS.jpg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Also a huge Bond fan but generally don't watch a lot of movies so can't really point at any candidates.

The ending of the last film is the best chance they'll get to introduce a non-white Bond without making it looking to silly, wouldn't be too surprised if they go with that. Wouldn't mind it either. As long as they don't go with a woman, I'm happy.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Also a huge Bond fan but generally don't watch a lot of movies so can't really point at any candidates.

The ending of the last film is the best chance they'll get to introduce a non-white Bond without making it looking to silly, wouldn't be too surprised if they go with that. Wouldn't mind it either. As long as they don't go with a woman, I'm happy.

My name is Bond, Jane’s Bond.

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA

Yeah I don't have any problem with that. As far as that goes, I think Idris Elba would be fantastic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Just saw this story about an awesome corn maze with a Bond design(See below), and got me thinking again about who the next Bond will be. Never really a fan of Daniel Craig tbh, and hard to beat Connery or Moore, but my personal choices are either Tom Hardy or Tom Hiddleston. Any other Bond fans here? Thoughts about next Bond? Favorite movie? Mine is Thunderball.

Corn Maze:

View attachment 152245

Hardy isn't a bad shout but Hiddleston has all ready be excluded by the producer because he said something that upset them at an awards.

One thing you can be sure of though .... it will be someone the bookies don't have on their list.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Tom Hiddleston would make a much better Bond villain than as Bond himself. My money would be on a very young unknown actor reboot (unsurprisingly),although I hope that goes better than the Star Wars reboot casting (all awful).

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hardy isn't a bad shout but Hiddleston has all ready be excluded by the producer because he said something that upset them at an awards.

One thing you can be sure of though .... it will be someone the bookies don't have on their list.

Yes, it will be someone fairly surprising. I think Hardy was naughty a while back so he's out along with Hiddle... Idris Elba would be great but, everyone says that so he's out too. Tom Hopper has been suggested and might make a good Bond,

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes, it will be someone fairly surprising. I think Hardy was naughty a while back so he's out along with Hiddle... Idris Elba would be great but, everyone says that so he's out too. Tom Hopper has been suggested and might make a good Bond,

Danny Dyer

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Corn Maze:

View attachment 152245

Henry Cavill (Superman)
Regé-Jean Page (Bridgerton)
Aiden Turner (Poldark)
Kit Harrington (Game of Thrones)
James Norton (McMafia)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yeah I don't have any problem with that. As far as that goes, I think Idris Elba would be fantastic.

Whoever they pick, I think they want one the can use for four or five movies and then I think you can rule out anyone 50+. Probably not even anyone above 45.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Didn’t Bond die in the last film (sorry for those who haven’t seen it ) so wouldn’t it be a new 007 and not a new James Bond ?

Or did our hero escape somehow???

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Heard Idris Elba's name bandied about a while ago. Would make a good Mr Bond.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Best Bond Film- Live and Let Die
Best Bond Theme- On Her Majesty’s Secret Service
Worst Bond Film- Die Another Day
Worst Bond Theme- most of the Craig era

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Didn’t Bond die in the last film (sorry for those who haven’t seen it ) so wouldn’t it be a new 007 and not a new James Bond ?

Is the right answer.

He's dead, Dave. He's all dead, Dave. Dead.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What I loved about the Craig era was that they made a set of movies that tracked his start as 007 to it's conclusion. It felt like a real narrative rather than separate films representing unconnected adventures. Craig's Bond managed to convey a bit of inner turmoil that I don't recall other Bond's managing, or attempting to manage - perhaps Lazenby in On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and Dalton had his moments too. Perhaps Craig's heart on his sleeve performances were a bit too much for some people's Bonds but I thought it really was a great set of movies and recently watched them all through again.

Would be interesting to take it to a new place. Perhaps more intelligence / technology / brains led than brawn and fighting skills. I quite like the idea of say a Tom Holland playing a modern Bond that is all spy craft and less Jason Bourne / Ethan Hunt.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Yep James Bond is dead.
Might be a 007 spin off one day...........Amazon or Netflix series...........good first episode......rapid decline after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here