Next game V Hull might be a complete sell out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
I wonder how many people now have glanced at the title without reading the thread, and assumed the title was stating a matter of fact. Wonder if this might negatively affect ticket sales. :ffsparr:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just done a rudimentary count online and we have 3,550 to shift, not including what will be a couple of empty south stand blocks. Once again the North stand and the lower wings have the best availability and WSU has more than it did last season.

I reckon around 26,500 is for saturday unless there is some sort of last minute rush.

Jan 30, 2008
just done a rudimentary count online and we have 3,550 to shift, not including what will be a couple of empty south stand blocks. Once again the north stand and the lower wings have the best availability and wsu has more than it did last season.

I reckon around 26,500 is for saturday unless there is some sort of last minute rush.
not at rip off prices :rolleyes:
regards
DR

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just done a rudimentary count online and we have 3,550 to shift, not including what will be a couple of empty south stand blocks. Once again the North stand and the lower wings have the best availability and WSU has more than it did last season.

If the pattern of sales is anything like the past, I expect we'll sell a fair few over the next 5 days - mostly between Thursday and Saturday morning.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I wonder how many people now have glanced at the title without reading the thread, and assumed the title was stating a matter of fact. Wonder if this might negatively affect ticket sales. :ffsparr:

I've thought exactly the same since this thread appeared but didn't want to appear picky. Thread titles need to be thought about more and maybe mods should edit if they see them... Just a thought, not a dig at the mods :)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
If the pattern of sales is anything like the past, I expect we'll sell a fair few over the next 5 days - mostly between Thursday and Saturday morning.

Let's hope so. It does appear that plenty of people make their mind up at the last minute, which given the availability is pretty easy to do these days.

This may seem a dumb question but can people pay at the ticket booths on the day or is collection only?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
On this subject, I'm looking for a ticket if anyone has one going spare.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Staying top, clean sheet, unbeaten. It certainly wouldn't be a bad result.
No it wouldn't be bad. But say Hull are one of the top 6 sides we'll face this season - would we be happy with 6 points from the 6 home games against them? Personally I wouldn't take 6 points, so by the same token, I wouldn't take 1 on Saturday.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Exactly! Those days are long gone, completely small time thinking. I can't imagine Muhammed Ali, Desmond Douglas or Zara Phililps ever going into a competitive arena thinking: "You know what, I'd settle for a draw in this one"

You're starting Saturday are you? I only sit in the stand...:lolol:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
No it wouldn't be bad. But say Hull are one of the top 6 sides we'll face this season - would we be happy with 6 points from the 6 home games against them? Personally I wouldn't take 6 points, so by the same token, I wouldn't take 1 on Saturday.

I agree.

And sort of along those lines, didn't we very unluckily lose away to a late goal in our opening game against them a few years ago whereas if we had won then we'd have been promoted and not them?

We're at home, get the 3 points!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And sort of along those lines, didn't we very unluckily lose away to a late goal in our opening game against them a few years ago whereas if we had won then we'd have been promoted and not them?
Yep. 1st game, away to Hull. Not sure how unlucky, but we certainly played well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports