next election

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
whats your guess on when the next general election will be?

earliest date could be 17th june if a queens speech does not get through parliament.

my guess is end of june

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
whats your guess on when the next general election will be?

earliest date could be 17th june if a queens speech does not get through parliament.

my guess is end of june

2010, 2011 or 2012?

Depends if Clegg and CMD do the deal or not. If they do, I reckon it will last about six months before it collapses.

If it's a Lab/LD deal, then I reckon they'll push through electoral reform as quickly as possible, a referendum in the autumn and a new election by next spring.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
12 months of Lib/Lab and a new election under a better, fairer voting system.

Would be quite funny seeing the BNP in the House of Commons. Perhaps a nice cosy seat next to the Sinn Fein chaps, if they can ever be arsed to turn up? :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't dismiss the Tory / Lib Dem deal quite yet - the Lib Dems are just weighing up their options currently. If it does end up being a Tory / Lib Dem pact then 18 months. If it's a Labour / Lib Dem pact then this October.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
2 years at least. Assume a ConLib coalition - Libdems won't bail for ages or they seem shit and Tories will stress stability.

More likely - the rainbow "coalition of losers" (TM every f***ing journalist out there) - none of the smaller parties will derail their first ever chance of power. It'll endure

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If it does end up being a Tory / Lib Dem pact then 18 months. If it's a Labour / Lib Dem pact then this October.

Why do you think that? There's no way that electoral reform will happen by then - why would Lib Dems want to bring the government down before that happened? The end of FPTP is the Lib Dem dream - why would they abandon that when it would be so near?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Why do you think that? There's no way that electoral reform will happen by then - why would Lib Dems want to bring the government down before that happened? The end of FPTP is the Lib Dem dream - why would they abandon that when it would be so near?

Because a Tory / LD pact involves two parties while a Lab / LD one will realistically involve other parties ( maybe up to four ) and I really don't think they could carry on very long before someone starts a squabble and the whole thing will snowball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports