Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next Brighton manager

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Find it bizarre anyone would suggest Bruno. He has absolutely zero experience of managing and some expect him to just walk in and take over a top Premier League club.

Romantic notion and fine as an interim but I really hope he wouldn’t be anywhere near the top of Bloom’s list.

The thing is we are doing well and a new manger will come in with his own ego and ideas ! Bruno could just try and carry things on from where potter left it !!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
please not brendan rodgers. that's not to say he's a bad coach, it's just such a short-sighted appointment. always has a great two years and then s*** hits the fan in the third season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
In all seriousness after all the talk about how great the club is how well it is run and how much he loves the mindset of TB, I am a tad disappointed that GP has even had talks with Chelsea. I am holding on to straw of a hope that he sees us as a project still to be finished. Here is another thought if GP goes to Chelsea whats the chances we lose our Captain in the same direction.

As to Ange for those who do not have much to do with Aussie footbal you mihgt enjoy this notorious encounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWGNPFI-MtE

craig foster is known to be a bit of a c%@t

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
craig foster is known to be a bit of a c%@t

I have to disagree, he has been a fantastic advocate for the game in Australia, as well as the players, not to mention his work helping refugees and asylum seekers. The two have changed their opinions of each other and talk of mutual respect. Also the principal Celtic shareholder has stated that this interview helped persuade him that Ange was the right fit for the club.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Now moving into accepting that Potter is gone, I've been reading up on Knutsen, especially his style of play and focus on the mental side too.

I'd be keen for Tony to have a chat with him, sounds like he could potentially fit the bill.

Not keen on some of the PL merry-go-rounder like Rodgers.

And while the likes of Nathan Jones, Bruno and Rosenior have a rosy glow of Albion history, none of them are experienced enough yet.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Having reflected on this, it seems there are some stand out candidates.

Firstly, in my opinion, those that shouldn’t get it;
Brendan Rodgers; Only seems to succeed for a short time and then things fall apart.
Nathan Jones; too emotional and limited. Has done well at Luton but couldn’t cope at Stoke.
Any of the current back room staff incl Bruno; not enough experience although someone like Bruno could be a No2 to a new manager.

Those that should be on our shortlist ( only my opinion, from what I’ve seen of them-their teams play)

Thomas Frank; has performed well at Brentford, plays attacking football and not reliant on stars. Should be an increased budget at Brighton and a bigger ceiling. I like the way he comes across in interviews, calm, analytical, doesn’t blame refs etc

Ange P- Celtic; has got Celtic playing good attractive football. However, a bit outspoken and emotional at times which may not go down well with the hierarchy, and would he leave Celtic anyway. If you believe Chris Sutton it would be a step down for him.

Kjetil Knutsen; I’ve taken time to watch some clips of his team in action. They play a similar style to us, press, pass the ball quickly and have a lot of width. He’s had success and now some experience of European football. He’s been a coach for a while and can speak relatively good English. He’s on the radar of other clubs.
However, could we recruit him from his native Norway?

Steve Cooper; worked miracles last season to pull Nottingham Forest from the relegation places to the play offs, and then gain promotion. His teams play a possession based game. He’s thoughtful and analytical and knows English football and the physical demands of it. Again though, would he come at this stage? Possibly if he wants a more stable environment.

We must have known that Potter was sought after and that if the right opportunity came along he would be off. Hopefully we are a long way down the road to creating a shortlist of who we’d want to interview. If any of the above four was the man then I’d be ok with it, although it’s a real shame that Potter seems intent to go. Would love to be proven wrong on that last point.

Cant think of anyone else that would be a realistic fit.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
None of those would leave - except perhaps Knutsen

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Pocettino? :D

Thomas Frank wouldn’t be a bad shout.

But knowing the club, they’ll recruit someone that most people’s response will be”who?”

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Having reflected on this, it seems there are some stand out candidates.

Firstly, in my opinion, those that shouldn’t get it;
Brendan Rodgers; Only seems to succeed for a short time and then things fall apart.
Nathan Jones; too emotional and limited. Has done well at Luton but couldn’t cope at Stoke.
Any of the current back room staff incl Bruno; not enough experience although someone like Bruno could be a No2 to a new manager.

Those that should be on our shortlist ( only my opinion, from what I’ve seen of them-their teams play)

Thomas Frank; has performed well at Brentford, plays attacking football and not reliant on stars. Should be an increased budget at Brighton and a bigger ceiling. I like the way he comes across in interviews, calm, analytical, doesn’t blame refs etc

Ange P- Celtic; has got Celtic playing good attractive football. However, a bit outspoken and emotional at times which may not go down well with the hierarchy, and would he leave Celtic anyway. If you believe Chris Sutton it would be a step down for him.

Kjetil Knutsen; I’ve taken time to watch some clips of his team in action. They play a similar style to us, press, pass the ball quickly and have a lot of width. He’s had success and now some experience of European football. He’s been a coach for a while and can speak relatively good English. He’s on the radar of other clubs.
However, could we recruit him from his native Norway?

Steve Cooper; worked miracles last season to pull Nottingham Forest from the relegation places to the play offs, and then gain promotion. His teams play a possession based game. He’s thoughtful and analytical and knows English football and the physical demands of it. Again though, would he come at this stage? Possibly if he wants a more stable environment.

We must have known that Potter was sought after and that if the right opportunity came along he would be off. Hopefully we are a long way down the road to creating a shortlist of who we’d want to interview. If any of the above four was the man then I’d be ok with it, although it’s a real shame that Potter seems intent to go. Would love to be proven wrong on that last point.

Cant think of anyone else that would be a realistic fit.

That all makes sense and from names seen that has to be the thinking face value . I would have franks from that list but clubs are virtually the same is size and progress . Only money could talk there but doubt we’d offer that much more . Franks also in potter position of the next offer will be potentially the big one .

I don’t think we would be able to poach another manager from anyone in the prem . Certainly not forest .

Would only leave Knutsen . Downside seems to be noddy league but it worked with potter . He has a lot of potter attributes if that’s the way we go

Bound to be a few leftfield ones in there

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Brendan rogers - he’s not going well at the moment granted but there are reasons and I think he could be a good fit .

Blues Guitarist

Oct 19, 2020
St Johann in Tirol
In order of preference, I'm going for:
Matthias Jaissle from Salzburg

I live in Austria and started going to Salzburg games this season. Out of possession Salzburg work very hard and look a lot like Brighton. In possession they are more direct, but that may be down to the players they have rather than management style. Would be a good choice for Brighton.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
F5D58A04-167B-4881-AAE0-DF6A67C8008F.jpeg

Latest odds

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Having just read about Nice innthe Guardian, how about Favre?

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Most likely it's because of the animosity between Tony Bloom and Brentford owner Mathew Benham. I was amazed he let Maupay come to us. I'm certain he'd veto a move for Frank.

Also, we are in danger of doing a Villa, deciding who we are bigger than and can just take. Frank would be good but I can't see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here