Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Albion manager: the Glenn Hoddle discussion thread

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Those remarks were not so irrelevant to a lot of the population of this country. It wasn't just disparaging disabled people, he was also into seances and such like. Why do you think no other team has employed him as a manager?

His football, coaching, and managerial abilities are second to none.

Couldn't give a toss about a few remarks from years ago.

Get the genius in now if he wants to of course, and lets start winning lots of games.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yep this is football, so he should be judged on this rather irrelevant remarks ages ago.

In the same way that we never forget whoever the bloke was who broke Chris Ramsey's leg.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Those remarks were not so irrelevant to a lot of the population of this country. It wasn't just disparaging disabled people, he was also into seances and such like. Why do you think no other team has employed him as a manager?

What, you mean apart from Southampton, Spurs, Wolves and QPR as coach??

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
His football, coaching, and managerial abilities are second to none.

Couldn't give a toss about a few remarks from years ago.

Get the genius in now if he wants to of course, and lets start winning lots of games.

If he is that good how come he is not employed at the moment ? all that genius and incisive wit wasting away looking at monitors. Pah humbug.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
In the same way that we never forget whoever the bloke was who broke Chris Ramsey's leg.

I'll never forget (or forgive) that challenge, but it didn't stop my missus and I having a drink with him a few years back after bumping into him in a pub.

He bought the round!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Big failure in his last job and such a long time out of the game would be two big crosses against him. I also have severe doubts an ego of his size would work in our structure.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yeah right.

One FA cup final (lost), one league cup final (lost) and one promotion would suggest otherwise.

Or being statistically one of the best managers England have ever had, will that do?

Or getting Swindon promoted to the top light in his first season.

Some people really ought to read up on a subject before they spout shite.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Big failure in his last job and such a long time out of the game would be two big crosses against him. I also have severe doubts an ego of his size would work in our structure.

Ego?

Erm...... Poyet?????????????

As for out of the game...

He has been an expert pundit on TV for years, and is currently coaching a rapidly-improving team in the Premiership

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Or being statistically one of the best managers England have ever had, will that do?

Or getting Swindon promoted to the top light in his first season.

Some people really ought to read up on a subject before they spout shite.

Sorry Glenn.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
I saw GH in a hotel in Surrey about 5 weeks ago, apparently he lives near there.

He was having an informal chat with a couple of famous journalists (don't know their name but recognised their faces). He struck me as being 'impressive' in that he had a real presence and I could hear some of what they were saying and he talked about many football issues, in detail, with passion.

He undoubtedly would be great for this club, ironically, he would have been a perfect number 2 for Sami as well!

So, tactically astute, experienced, great coach and has plenty of contacts in the football world and will definitely have the respect of players so what's not to like?

Oh yeah, if he manages to do what 'Arry's last coach has done in the Championship we will be very happy too!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here