Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News signings

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Who says we can't?
If your reason is that we couldn't afford murrays wage then that's rubbish

no its not a question of "afford" but it is our wage structure which the club do not want to break. I can not see Phillips fitting into that wage structure judging by what he is on now and the number of games he could play

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Well, that's 10 minutes of my life I won't get back ... :nono:

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
does anyone actually know the clubs wage structure this season??? i don't think so, wait and see tony bloom is probably going to make a few more surprises before the season starts.....just voicing my opinion thats all.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
From the Argus.

Albion unable to match Championship big-spenders

Albion will be in the bottom half of the Championship when it comes to spending power.

That is the view of Gus Poyet as the 24-team division takes shape for next season.

Peterborough claimed the 23rd spot available by beating Huddersfield in the League One play-off final on Sunday.

Reading will remain in the second tier after their riveting 4-2 Wembley defeat to Swansea yesterday.

Poyet, who watched the play-offs via internet in Uruguay, was not too concerned who went up.

He said: “I think the only difference is that, from the outside, it looks like Huddersfield would spend more money than Peterborough.

“Huddersfield would be maybe much stronger in terms of bringing in better players and more expensive players. But Peterborough have been up there in the Championship before and come down.

“Maybe that will give them a better idea of the structure needed to stay up and help them that way.”

Asked if he knew how Albion compared with their Championship rivals in terms of spending power, Poyet said: “We have an idea.

“At the moment we will be middle to bottom half, maybe 12th, 13th or 14th, in terms of budget.

“That will make it more difficult than last season, when we were fifth in terms of budget.”

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
There are still a lot of clubs in The Championship receiving parachute payments after being being relagated from the Premiership (over £40m over a 3-4 year period after relagation?). It would be unrealistic for a club just promoted from League One to compete with this, so a mid table budget for us seems to make sense.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
NSC is gonna get Messi this summer, you heard it here 1st

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
right to the sad fuckers that have complained about me to the mods over the posts to brightonmark1234 get a f***ing life....and Bozza thanks for the sad have at go at me pm you could take a leaf out of el pres about how a real mod should be....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here