Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

News On Leeds Utd

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Starry, why all the secrets? If you want to save your club shouldn't you reveal all and name and shame?

Whether it be Leeds, Wrexham, even Palace I wouldn't like to see any football team go out of business (with the exception maybe of MK Dons).

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Sounds like leeds has been taken over by another load of Bellotti clones AGAIN!, you have my sympathy.

Can we come to the Riot?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
It's not a case of secrets, more the legalities of naming people and their businesses. We have several legal/laweyry types working on it and I expect the 'truth' to be revealed later this afternoon, by Monday at the very latest.

And Looney - the more the merrier at the riot ;)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Starry said:
David Healys transfer was paid for by someone out their own pocket, not club money.

I cannot say anymore than that for confidentiality reason, but Healys transfer was not funded by money Leeds Utd didn't have.
Erm yes it was. If it was funded by someone else then that's money LU didn't have:lolol:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Writing on the wall me thinks for another Fans United visit!

Now if Leeds Utd (as much as I hated em) went like Brighton and Wrexham that would be an utter disaster!!

Leeds has a VERY strong fan base and IF any demonstrations if it got to that took place, I bet it would not be like our peaceful march along the seafront!

:nono:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Voroshilov - you knew what I meant :p

And Northstander - there are things planned and in the pipeline from the fans, today there are lots of angry, hurt and disapointed people and we don't want to do something as a kneejerk reaction and ruin what credibility we might well have. But I can say, the board we have now are very lucky we are playing away tomorrow and that next weekend at home to QPR they can expect a special Leeds fans reception.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Northstander said:
Now if Leeds Utd (as much as I hated em) went like Brighton and Wrexham that would be an utter disaster!!

More like Watford, I understand Leeds are arranging a sale and leaseback arrangment - so at least they'll still have somewhere to play, very unlike Brighton and Wrexham, or York if you go back just a short year or so.

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Good luck Leeds. As we all know only too well down here these things have a habit of going from bad to worse.

As a young kid I supported Leeds (my Nan was a fan). I remember getting the Annuals in those 70's glory days and looking enviously at the pictures of Elland Road. To think of it sold and Leeds effectively homeless is a shocker.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It isn't like they aren't going to have anywhere to play (wish our rented accomodation had half the capacity of Elland Road). They'll probably do a Watford and buy it back in a couple of years time.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The fat lady may have been singing but the deal could still happen now. Seb Sainsbury has a 7 day extension to buy Leeds Utd.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Not much left for him to fleece from the club, even if he wanted to? No star players, no ground and no training complex.

Peter Ridsdale and Krasner are fans and look what they did to us?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Starry said:
Not much left for him to fleece from the club, even if he wanted to? No star players, no ground and no training complex.

Peter Ridsdale and Krasner are fans and look what they did to us?

Did Ridsdale eventually buy his way into Barnsley?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I think so, though to be honest I could care less what he does so don't knwo for sure.

The clowns in charge at ER cant run a bath never mind a football club, the takeover is on/off/on/off. Off for now, but expect that to change in the next five minutes.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
The reason I asked, is he said he was "a Leeds fan" but buys into a rival Yorkshire club!

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
starry, is it true risdale paid the hospital bills of all the injured people in the aftermath of the horrific scenes after the uefa cup semi-final

and what is your opinion on him? do you reckon he shafted you, or was he just the overambitious fan in the wrong place

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I am not sure if he paid the bills of ALL the people who were in Turkey.

I was there, we ended up trapped in a hotel lobby (not our hotel) locked in for our protection and he paid a wedge of money to the hotel so we had food/drink etc. My father was hit with a glass bottle and needed stitches and hospital treatment and his costs were covered by Ridsdale, as were several others. But whether everyones costs were covered I don't know, he certaintly paid some.

As for my opinions of him. Yes I think he shafted us, the deals he made, contracts he gave out, the money he took out the club etc. No one in their right mind should have been doing that, I do however believe he was so caught up "living the dream" that he lost touch with what managing a football club was all about.

Its thanks to him we are in the mess we are now, yet he went on to another club and sleeps sound in his bed with our £££ in his pocket.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The money Ridsdale took out of Leeds was used to buy Barnsley, so you can understand the fans anger. However, during the period they were overspending everyone (including Ridsdale) was seduced by the dream, and financial common sense went out the window.

However the signings of Gregan for £1million and Healey for £6-700,000 is more than every other club in this division, similarly Leeds are paying decent wages to the likes of underachievers such as Joachim and Ricketts (certainly far more than we can afford). So I want the club to survive off the pitch, they do not deserve a lot of sympathy for what is happening on the pitch. The boardroom shenanigans should not deflect from what is a season of underachievement to date (though Healey may change that).

The new chairman is a person who is very difficult to like, you get the feeling that he will come out of this (along with other members of the local ****** mafia-- Starry knows what I am referring to) with a nice little wedge in their pockets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here