Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newport County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Yep, agree. Potter has managed to turn our stand out player into a bang average centre half!

I'm guessing it's playing three at the back that is affecting Dunk. Then again we're shipping goals all over the place so perhaps it's just a drop in form and inferior coaching. For all the young players coming through, it's noticeable how some of our "better" players like Ryan and Dunk appear to be getting worse.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Christ, I don't look at this thread if I'm watching a stream, for obvious reasons.
Just popped on at HT to see what the general consensus is as I thought it wasn't a bad half on a difficult surface.,
Big mistake. there are some right joyful souls on here aren't here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don’t understand where Ali J is playing or Mac or Gross. To be fair I’ve struggled since football moved on from the old W formation..

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
At the start of this season, the Newport pitch looked superb, strangely green due to grass.

But it seems to be regressing to its normal beachlike look .....

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Going direct is all very well but who is going to hold the ball up. I don’t know what people expect as we are controlling the game on a difficult pitch. Newport haven’t offered much and I’m a bit disappointed with them to be honest. Think we will nick one in the second half as 1-0 will be good enough

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would like to see us put a few over the top in the channels for Maupay as the ball is sticking and slowing up

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Steele?

Potter picked him ahead of Ryan and Walton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Newport are really disappointing. Was expecting blood and thunder.

Its just not possible out there. Quite evident that doing a lot of tackling and fighting out there is pretty much going to end in getting injured. Second half is most likely going to be equally slow.. and boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here