[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Now Enciso has shaken off the rust, you can see just how much we've been harmed by the injuries. Would Newcastle have got a point from that if we had a choice of 4 from a fully fit Enciso, Mitoma, Pedro, March, Welbeck and Ferguson? Seems unlikely.

We're never going to have alternatives of the same quality as we're not owned by an oil state, just the way it is. Hope the new medical guys can improve things for next season.

Jimmy Grimble

Great result with so many obvious gaps in the team. Was getting incensed with how open we were down our left. Igor’s positioning and lack of pace were poor. Darren England the homer too.
If Igor is in our first XI next year, something will have gone seriously wrong. Does a job here and there but that should be it for him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Well last two results were unexpected so put a couple of palace like performances against the shits and manure and could end up a decent run in

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I defended the ref in the first half....second half he showed his black and white stripes.
D'know, newcastle could miss out on europe. It does mean chelsea and manure taking their place....don't know out of those three what would be funnier
The answer IMHO is Chelsea as they will probably fail the Europa FFP regs which are stricter than the Premier Leagues meaning that they would qualify and then be thrown out. Now that would be funny.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Have utmost respect for Newcastle fans but why the booing? V entertaining game - felt we were robbed in first half as ref should have blown for half time ten seconds before they scored! MOM for me was Enciso. Such an exciting player.
Presumably them not beating little old Brighton at home... maybe...

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
A very different experience today sitting in the same area as Mr Southgate.

We were very organised and should’ve been leading at half team.

You can see how affected we’ve been by injuries and really pleased to get a point.

Heard Albion fans all game. Well done.

Safe journey home.

Attachments

• 75F520FD-76A4-4358-9C67-71C7F2A5DF65.jpeg
    75F520FD-76A4-4358-9C67-71C7F2A5DF65.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 65

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Goes without saying, I’ve been saying the same since he took away my free coffee at half time
The heartless bastard.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Would anyone tech savvy be so kind as to provide a clip or gif of Almiron’s extraordinary dive?

Really relieved he did that rather than, you know, run in and score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports