Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
What exactly has Buenonotte done wrong? He’s hardly seen the ball. The whole teams passing is way off and we are being given a football lesson. No scapegoats for me, pretty well all of them are below par
All awful. Not his fault he isn't ready, he is 18. Too many games, too many injuries, too small a squad.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolutely ridiculous giving the ball and that foul away . Get to half time at 1-0 make a few changes and crowd gets nervous. Brainless stuff and game over now.
I'd agree, the OG is forgiveable, nobody does that deliberatly and the ball is whipped into dangerous area... the defending for Burns goal is poor, he's unmarked (tonight Shane Duffy would be better than Van Hecke), but giving a cheap free kick away in the area he did, with seconds to half time, was very poor decision making and game management.

The second goal never happens if Undav uses his head. For all his skill with the lobs at the top end, that was rash and stupid and timing naive.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I agree Gross RB mainly because despite not being a defender he has been playing brilliantly there this season at times! Need to stop giving the ball away. We havnt started playing yet. I trust the coaching will pick things up at HT and we can impose ourselves om these dirty northern diving cheats

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
They're a burly bunch of high paid game-plan-clad behemoths. It's worked well for them and their master of smugness, but I hope we don't remain in their diving, let's have some fisticuffs stylings. All we can do is battle with slickness and have them on edge. Yes, Undav is best off for now, but we need our touch and togetherness to be a threat from all players on the pitch.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Way off it every one of them. Second goal the killer. Half Broken down ……

Steele - terrible passing decision making
Gross - looks tired- not involved
Dunk - 3 - looks tired- passing off.
JP- dodgy passing. Caught on the ball too often
Pervis - looks tired and giving it away too much
Caicedo - struggling at RB
Gilmour- possibly best of a bad bunch
Buonanotte - awful offered nothing
Undav - shocking all round.
Welbeck not offered anything. Hardly touched it
Mitoma - looks tired. Predictable

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Must admit I'm very disappointed that he celebrated like he did.

We know he loves Newcastle and this is a big moment for him, but still... it would have been nice for him to appreciate what this moment possible for him.
Me too, and kissing the badge. Call me old fashioned but I found his celebrations disrespectful. He’s no Glenn Murray

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Must admit I'm very disappointed that he celebrated like he did.

We know he loves Newcastle and this is a big moment for him, but still... it would have been nice for him to appreciate what made this moment possible for him.
I don't begrudge him celebrating, it just had to be him though, didn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here