Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle United Vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***Official Match Thread***

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
As I said he had 2 saves to make in the entire game and saved neither what other shots did he have to save? The first he moved to his left as the kick was taken had he stayed where he was when he lined the wall up he would have saved it. The 2nd was unsaveable.

Oh dear, you revert to type just after I agree with one of your posts :moo:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Two obvious things - he isn't in the correct state of mind to play, we are a much worse team without him and need some quality into midfield if he does go in this week!

Norwood would have been a much better option than Sidwell, who is way past his best.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I agree Norwood should have started. I was surprised he didn't.

Norwood was one of the few bright points in the game for me. I thought his range of passing and movement on and off the ball was v good. He'll develop a good understanding with Kayal but it's going to take time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
When were those in the game and from whom as I dont remember them. As I said I cant remember any saves that he made. Where are these highlights available to be seen.

That's because you are only interested in finding faults with Stockdale

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Fouling.JPG

This is the persistent fouling chart. Score 22-13 Bookings 4-4 I don't think Baldock should be booked for his first foul and the second one was a collision and keepers usually get the foul. Baldock's one speciality is being able to tackle better than most forwards w/o fouling (unlike Barnes).

Baldock being sent off enabled Albion to get more play as the Newcastle players were temporarily prevented from fouling. But they brought their subs on and carried on fouling again.

We did some fouling in dangerous positions, a fault we have done before (often). WhoScored predicted Newcastle would score from a Direct Free Kick.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1...mpionship-2016-2017-Newcastle-United-Brighton

Newcastle started off mainly to prevent Albion's passing game and make us pass long and inaccurately which worked in the first half when the accuracy was only 68%. 85% second half to give us an average of 77% over 90 minutes.

Sidwell's foul was very silly.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's because you are only interested in finding faults with Stockdale

That is bull...t I praised him last season when he played well this season so far he hasnt in fact I think Maenpaa did better. He has had a disorganised back four in front of him but hasnt communicated with them, at least it doesnt seem so. I am sure that the break before the next game will give him and the back four time to gel provided Duffy isnt away for too long.

My. biggest disappointment today was the fact that neither Sidwell nor Norwood seemed to gel with Kayal and it was so obvious as we were completly out played in midfield, our previous strong point.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
A missed opportunity today. They had key players missing and we didn't really impose ourselves enough. Wasn't impressed with Skalak going down like a sack of sh*te all the time and Duffy didn't seem all that but he's only just joined so he will only get better. Thought Dunk and Knocky played well though. Baldock should really know better too. We REALLY need another quality striker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here