Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle ticket sales set for....oh

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Oh bollocks, that eliminates most of the profit from the game then, running costs must take a lot of it away
Naahh... this is 'new' money, not the regular season ticket money, 45% of 25-27k is still going to be a decent chunk,... with profit from match day shop and concourse sales and the tickets, the club will pocket something like 500k plus whatever TV money is being handed over.... another 50k??

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Re: Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

It'll be quieter than a bookshop in there, same atmosphere as the England U19 match I'd imagine :facepalm:

Can't you just be gracious and admit you were wrong?

Newcastle ticket sales set for biggest amex turnout ever.

We can see there is a total of 815 tickets left (http://amextickets.azurewebsites.net/) for the Newcastle game

• only about 500 of these left are not individial tickets (I guess going to football on your own is less appealing).
  • more people will turn up for this one as they have paid specifically for the seat
  • we still have 3 days of selling to go

Therefore I think we are pretty certain to see more people at this fixture than any game so far this season. This is amazing, a real success for the club that shows how impressive our support now is, especially as people could have stayed at home and watched it on the telly for free.

I know a few (vocal minority) really whinged at the pricing. I'm afraid any they were wrong...Hats off tothe club for really knowing the level of support for the club and getting the stadium full to the brim!

:albion2:

Do you mean bums on seats or tickets sold? I couldn't make the Watford match where we had a record attendance for the Amex, but from watching it on the telly it didn't look that full in the East Stand.
Have all blocks for the Newcastle match been released for sale now?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Do you mean bums on seats or tickets sold? I couldn't make the Watford match where we had a record attendance for the Amex, but from watching it on the telly it didn't look that full in the East Stand.

He means ACTUAL attendance.

For the Newcastle match the two figures will be the same. Everyone (bar a handful of 1901s) who has a ticket will be there.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Watford wasn't a record was it ?

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Utter bollox. We will NOT get a full house. WSU is a classic example of not tickets being offered yet the three seats next to me have not taken up their allocation for this match and as far as they were aware on Saturday they could still have taken these up when they inquired. I don't see some blocks up for grabs despite the fact that these are not open to NUFC. I would guess 23,000 at most and atmosphere well, probably like Saturday against Watford.

Dec 29, 2011
Can't you just be gracious and admit you were wrong?

I never commented on the previous thread about prices but the atmosphere will be dreadful, lots of non-regulars that don't have the confidence to sing or know the words. Not saying atmosphere is everything.. giving some people a chance to become regular fans after seeing a one-off game is a good thing I suppose.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Naahh... this is 'new' money, not the regular season ticket money, 45% of 25-27k is still going to be a decent chunk,... with profit from match day shop and concourse sales and the tickets, the club will pocket something like 500k plus whatever TV money is being handed over.... another 50k??

123k for tv money - can't get the link to work on my phone but Google "family cup tv money"

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There's still a couple of thousand tickets left this morning.
I phoned the club today as I wanted to put mine on the exchange

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Utter bollox. We will NOT get a full house. WSU is a classic example of not tickets being offered yet the three seats next to me have not taken up their allocation for this match and as far as they were aware on Saturday they could still have taken these up when they inquired. I don't see some blocks up for grabs despite the fact that these are not open to NUFC. I would guess 23,000 at most and atmosphere well, probably like Saturday against Watford.

We'll see.

BarnhamBlue

Feb 15, 2012
Yapton
I know loads of SH's from the WSU not going, blaming the price especially so soon after xmas and it's free on tv! I assume these are not included in the 800 initially mentioned in this thread.

I've noticed the tickets for WSU have not been released. Why?

I will be there though!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I never commented on the previous thread about prices but the atmosphere will be dreadful, lots of non-regulars that don't have the confidence to sing or know the words. Not saying atmosphere is everything.. giving some people a chance to become regular fans after seeing a one-off game is a good thing I suppose.

YOU are not going, therefore it 'will be shit'. Sour grapes, much?

Was the atmosphere 'shit' for the Newcastle match last season? No - was superb.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My lad bought his own WSU seat on Saturday. I thought it would have gone by then, but if they've held those tickets back it'll be interesting to see how much of the WSU remains unsold.

The main TV cameras point to the East though, so I guess the Amex will LOOK pretty full...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Which completely goes against the experience we've had at other cup matches at the amex. I reckon it'll be the best at atmosphere at the amex so far with the highest number of actual home fans by a long way and the highest number of away fans. The only thing that will dampen it is the early kick off leading to less drinking.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
you have it wrong, not all tickets have been released as yet, gate no more than 23k at tops

I know loads of SH's from the WSU not going, blaming the price especially so soon after xmas and it's free on tv! I assume these are not included in the 800 initially mentioned in this thread.

I've noticed the tickets for WSU have not been released. Why?

I will be there though!

Would like to know this myself but nobody as yet has answered.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Which completely goes against the experience we've had at other cup matches at the amex. I reckon it'll be the best at atmosphere at the amex so far with the highest number of actual home fans by a long way and the highest number of away fans. The only thing that will dampen it is the early kick off leading to less drinking.

Newcastle have taken 2000. I think Leeds and Palace, at least have brought more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here