[Football] Newcastle Fans

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I can only assume that those saying the Newcastle fans were only noisy at the end were in the North stand. Understandable because the noise coming from there was terrific all game.

However from the halfway line the Geordies were also noisy for most of the game coming to a crescendo from around the 80th minute.

Great atmosphere - wish I was still able to stand, jump and sing in the North stand to really enjoy the atmosphere of a game like that.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You expect us to say " Saudis taken over, let's not support our Club "

As for the " wankers " remark, sniggers. Had your first pint yet son
You support the regime, apologise for the regime you welcomed the regime with open arms. Yes, I expect any decent person to refuse to support such ownership. I expect wankers to embrace it. Well done.

Don't 'son' me you little prick, my Dad was a very decent man, unlike you.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whilst I agree, for some, this is all they have, football is totally different up north. I would love them to properly boycott, but its literally their life, nothing else going on. f*** their owners, ****s.
What a bizarre, condescending load of bollocks.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I can only assume that those saying the Newcastle fans were only noisy at the end were in the North stand. Understandable because the noise coming from there was terrific all game.

However from the halfway line the Geordies were also noisy for most of the game coming to a crescendo from around the 80th minute.

Great atmosphere - wish I was still able to stand, jump and sing in the North stand to really enjoy the atmosphere of a game like that.
As I mentioned before, they were not loud at all, except for the last few minutes when all was lost and they'd given up. I was in the West Upper and fans of Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Grimsby (lol) etc have made a far better atmosphere. Even at nil nil and 1 nil when all was to play for, they were as far as we could tell very quiet. It would be lovely to think that attaining success from a disgusting source was maybe helping some of them develop a conscience, but I that's probably too much to hope for. The muted support was odd though.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
As I mentioned before, they were not loud at all, except for the last few minutes when all was lost and they'd given up. I was in the West Upper and fans of Arsenal, Liverpool, Leeds and Grimsby (lol) etc have made a far better atmosphere. Even at nil nil and 1 nil when all was to play for, they were as far as we could tell very quiet. It would be lovely to think that attaining success from a disgusting source was maybe helping some of them develop a conscience, but I that's probably too much to hope for. The muted support was odd though.
I agree we are WSU and barely heard them at all even though you could see that they were singing. Other clubs have been much louder. The acoustics at the Amex are weird though I am not sure each stand gets a good idea of what is going on elsewhere.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It beggars belief tbh. It’s a bit of a trend on Amex games from those that aren’t there - worrying - it was a proper cauldron of noise today and really helped the team I think 🔵⚪🙌
There does for some reason, seem to be a bit of "The Amex has a shit atmosphere" agenda among some our own fans, and I dont understand why. I have been to all but about a game a season for the past 7 years at The Amex, and whilst it isnt like Sheffield Wednesday in the play offs, or Chelsea last season all the time, it is nowhere near as bad as some posters, and opposing fans would have us think.

Yes sometimes its a bit dead, all grounds are, but most of the time its ok

Its like a reverse of the "best atmosphere in the world" thing that Palace seem to have convinced Sky and others exists at Selhurst. If you stick all the microphones in front of a couple hundred spotty oiks, then it sounds like it is, but the reality is very different.

Even in the biggest grounds you can always hear the Albion supporyters on TV, Radio. Now 2500 Albion fans simply cant out sing the Emitrates,Anfield, Ethiad,Old Trafford etc if those grounds had a home atmospghere much different than ours

Could the atmosphere be better at the Amex some times? Of course, but it is ny no means the souless, silent library some would have us believe

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Thought they were a bit meh until went 3-0 down when they went into the typical self deprecating day out mode. Fair play to them for showing the team their support but was really only the first and last 10 min made any noise of note

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To be fair id like us to be more like that when losing away

Make a day of it. Have some fun and sing an annoyingly catchy song non stop for 20 mins!!

Better than sulking or all leaving

Maybe they were just loving the show we put on?!
Or just do none of the above, not worry about what others are doing and go and enjoy the football….that’s always an option.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I genuinely like geordies and Scousers as a rule. As I said, sound lads outside and really complementary etc - which is absolutely how it should be. But I’m not gonna suddenly pretend they were superb throughout - they were anything but tbh. Just how I saw it - but our noise was f***ing epic today 🔵⚪
It was. To the point where, for the first time in my life, it was almost too much. The whole match, loud, different songs, with just one very short lull in the second half.

The only way I was able to tolerate the racket was to join in, very loudly, myself.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There does for some reason, seem to be a bit of "The Amex has a shit atmosphere" agenda among some our own fans, and I dont understand why. I have been to all but about a game a season for the past 7 years at The Amex, and whilst it isnt like Sheffield Wednesday in the play offs, or Chelsea last season all the time, it is nowhere near as bad as some posters, and opposing fans would have us think.

Its like a reverse of the "best atmosphere in the world" thing that Palace seem to have convinced Sky and others exists at Selhurst. If you stick all the microphones in front of a couple hundred spotty oiks, then it sounds like it is, but the reality is very different.

Even in the biggest grounds you can always hear the Albion supporyters on TV, Radio. Now 2500 Albion fans simply cant out sing the Emitrates,Anfield, Ethiad,Old Trafford etc if those grounds had a home atmospghere much different than ours

Could the atmosphere be better at the Amex some times? Of course, but it is ny no means the souless, silent library some would have us believe
Yep. Bordering on too noisy (in WU) for me.

I have never understood the 'noise' willy waving. Given that being in the position we are in is entirely new for our club, the atmos we have had, and have now, is exactly what you'd expect.

In my limited experience of three visits to Anfield and a moderate amount of exposure to football and clubs overt the last 55 years of active engagement, it strikes me that certain supporters (Liverpool and ManUre spring to mind) switch on intense noise more swiftly and intensely than most other clubs' supporters, perhaps born of more experience of meaningful matches (hundreds of key European cup games, countless finals and league championships). They have a keener sense of the rhythm of a game. Elite football (which we now have) is still a bit new for us. But that's fine.

Newcastle are a bit of an anomaly, having won nothing for 60 years, but their relentless engagement yesterday reminds me of another similar bunch of non-stop singing away fans who gave it everything for 90 minutes against us. At Withdean. Yes, it was Barnet, the noisy, noisy Bees. :bowdown: I suspect there is an element of graveyard humour in it. For both sets of supporters.

As for Palace, it is only the spotty boys who make noise and it has a 'youth club' whiff about it, and TV loves to stick a mic in front of them to justify the 'great atmos'. In reality it is as far away from that sweet spot, hairs standing on the back of the neck thing you get when you hear the whole stadium sing 'YNWA' or 'GOSBTS', as a Karaoke night at Pontins.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Very much this. I have been watching live football for 46 years now and there has rarely been much of an atmosphere in England in any of these years. Sure there’s been sing songs, some even ripple across other stands, and some grounds are louder than others at times, specific games engender a proper din, but that’s pretty much it.

Compare it to those videos of OM, Ajax and AEK.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
I thought they were crap until they were 3 down , then they started to sing and have a party
This. They were barely audible until the last 15 minutes when they were 3 down and decided to have a bit of a party in the sun.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Yep. Bordering on too noisy (in WU) for me.

I have never understood the 'noise' willy waving. Given that being in the position we are in is entirely new for our club, the atmos we have had, and have now, is exactly what you'd expect.

In my limited experience of three visits to Anfield and a moderate amount of exposure to football and clubs overt the last 55 years of active engagement, it strikes me that certain supporters (Liverpool and ManUre spring to mind) switch on intense noise more swiftly and intensely than most other clubs' supporters, perhaps born of more experience of meaningful matches (hundreds of key European cup games, countless finals and league championships). They have a keener sense of the rhythm of a game. Elite football (which we now have) is still a bit new for us. But that's fine.

Newcastle are a bit of an anomaly, having won nothing for 60 years, but their relentless engagement yesterday reminds me of another similar bunch of non-stop singing away fans who gave it everything for 90 minutes against us. At Withdean. Yes, it was Barnet, the noisy, noisy Bees. :bowdown: I suspect there is an element of graveyard humour in it. For both sets of supporters.

As for Palace, it is only the spotty boys who make noise and it has a 'youth club' whiff about it, and TV loves to stick a mic in front of them to justify the 'great atmos'. In reality it is as far away from that sweet spot, hairs standing on the back of the neck thing you get when you hear the whole stadium sing 'YNWA' or 'GOSBTS', as a Karaoke night at Pontins.
I agree, you clearly don't understand noise willy waving. If you can say "their relentless engagement"about the Newcastle fans yesterday who in reality were very quiet for 80 mins then obviously you don't get it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m watching the 30 mins highlights of the same coverage as you saw on Sky. I’ve literally not heard the Newcastle fans ONCE so far but constant Albion noise. Why do you have to lie and make out a bizarre stat about them and against us? So weird. 95% 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I watched on Sky and the atmosphere sounded loud and proud. Was the constant loud repetitive chanting for the last 10 mins Toon fans? I ask because I did not recognise it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A nice array of “signs” there. Out of interest, and for potential future personal use, how do I execute a beheading sign? What does it involve.?
Kind of a slashing in the air. You can’t behead yourself as it looks like your threatening murder and is frowned upon these days.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I’m watching the 30 mins highlights of the same coverage as you saw on Sky. I’ve literally not heard the Newcastle fans ONCE so far but constant Albion noise. Why do you have to lie and make out a bizarre stat about them and against us? So weird. 95% 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yeah was gonna say, on Sky they were audible throughout. Not very loud until the end, but you could hear them.
The answer here is confirming. It clearly isn’t a "lie". I’ve not mentioned anything about the noise from the Albion fans, just merely stating the fact that the audio on the tv coverage you could hear Newcastle pretty much throughout the whole match, which goes against the grain of this thread stating that they were silent or poor fans

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Always said it’s in the top 6 in most leagues for atmosphere for me. Usually pretty lively and random games like yesterday it’s quality and very loud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports