Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle Fans

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
A shame in a way that home fans are funnelled into that area at the bottom of the coach park steps as they make their getaway post match, just as the away contingent are released from the south stand just opposite.

Has the potential for trouble written all over it.

Yes, agree, when you get a large number of fans at end of the match coming up the steps and a minority of fans walking down (mainly away fans) it is bl**dy dangerous especially when they push people out the way and they tend not to discriminate whether old or young and like you say trouble written all over it.

Am I imagining it but wasn't there someone usually at the top of steps directing people a few years ago to prevent this happening.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
There were some canny lads (see what I did there?) on the Mill Road Park'n Ride bus, both going and returning.
Happy to chat with anybody, no animosity in any direction, and accepting of the fact they are currently quite shyte.

Walking through their massed ranks at the aforementioned coach park steps bottleneck, I didn't feel threatened in the slightest (apart from by Mr Covid of course), so my experience of Geordies is a big thumbs up.
I even heard a few of them try and start up a chant about being the richest club in the Championship, so I wouldn't say they lack a sense of reality either! :thumbsup:

I didn't like the booing of Biss though.
Innocent until proven guilty is still a staple of English Law, but hey .. as others have pointed out .. we have our own small band of morons who would have done exactly the same if the situation had been reversed.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Didn't hear anything on my way to the coach park post match, but I do have the ability to block out most inane conversation

I didn't enjoy the big mouthed Geordie fan who was bellowing about us deserving to lose because we "couldn't even beat them despite playing a rapist" (no specific player mentioned). OK, it's part of the panto, but shouting this in the face of home fans (many of whom were old or with kids) as they walked round the West stand......seemed unnecessary.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
On my way up the steps towards the coach park a Toon fan was coming back down the stairs shouting about Biss being a sex offender, I afforded myself a little chuckle at his lack of self awareness as he would definitely be the first pick in a sex offenders line up.

el punal

Screaming in our faces that Biss is a sex offender wasn't nice as walked up to the coach park.

However I'm sure idiots in our fanbase would do the same if another teams player had been arrested for an offence

Every club has its share of knobheads, fortunately the Albion have, I hope, less than most. Another 5.30 pm kick off in a few weeks with the Champions of Europe whose fans are definitely up there at the top of the knobheadery league - enjoy the cultural moment boys and girls. :cheers:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They got behind their team and were noisy throughout despite the lack of anything in the 1st half. As with post about Barber on Albion fans yesterday, there's always a handful in a 3000 away support that will be less than acceptable.

Think Barber's comments were about a home game against Man City!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
There were some canny lads (see what I did there?) on the Mill Road Park'n Ride bus, both going and returning.
Happy to chat with anybody, no animosity in any direction, and accepting of the fact they are currently quite shyte.

Walking through their massed ranks at the aforementioned coach park steps bottleneck, I didn't feel threatened in the slightest (apart from by Mr Covid of course), so my experience of Geordies is a big thumbs up.
I even heard a few of them try and start up a chant about being the richest club in the Championship, so I wouldn't say they lack a sense of reality either! :thumbsup:

I didn't like the booing of Biss though.
Innocent until proven guilty is still a staple of English Law, but hey .. as others have pointed out .. we have our own small band of morons who would have done exactly the same if the situation had been reversed.

Geordie voices singing about a sex offender is what I heard walking up the steps to our coach!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
I have seen a few games up there due to family links, their 51,000 passionate fans can definitely be accused of creating their own library experience at home games. They definitely have more than their fair share of idiots (I’ve had the ‘you lads looking’ for a bit of trooble?’ when stood waiting for friends outside the Gallowgate at a game where I honestly couldn’t give a **** about the result!) but no doubt that they travel in numbers and make a lot of noise that 3,000 or even 30,000 home fans cannot match at most grounds, and certainly didn’t yesterday.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Warm up for Leeds in a couple of weeks.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Posted these on the match day thread…

“Yep, walking back to the bus, some Geordie looked at me holding my daughters hand, and shouted “she’s a bit young for you ain’t she pedo”

Then called another fan near me a “Gay Cvnt”

Lovely folk, he was about 19 and spotty, if I would have lurched at him and he’d run a mile.

Not what you need to explain to your daughter, evening game, so I guess to it’s to be expected by northern Neanderthals”

&

“Think the Toon fans got to Biss, when defending a corner from in the first half, they gave him the pedo chant, he kept looking at them and away and back at them, all the while I was thinking don’t react, please god don’t react, he did well, but it got me thinking, he may move away and play in Europe if this continues. He looked lost and I felt sorry for him, but also conflicted.”

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Didn’t see any abuse from Newcastle supporters at all. Did see a drunken Brighton fan attack a North Stand steward post match however.

Did find it amusing they’d boo Bissouma given their new owners though. Double standards!

I've seen a few posts on here praising the Toon Fans yesterday, My experience was the opposite.
Leaving the WSU yesterday, I thought I'd emerged out into 1976.

Did anyone see the lad with, shall we say, 'Learning difficulties' doing the wanker sign in the faces of pensioners, women and children, walking towards the coach park? Can you imagine the outcry if he had received the slap that he deserved?

Hearing the Dulcet Geordie tones of 'Does your boyfriend know your here?'

Lads proudly announcing them selves as United as they exited the South West corner, to us old Farts having a last drink after the game.
That's the point lads, You're allowed to have a drink with us after the match, We don't care as long as you're not Palace.

I was on the verge of screaming for a Policeman.

Good God haha yeah it's annoying, but it's not exactly something we haven't seen before. Always a couple of mouthy dicks. Screaming for a policemen though :facepalm:

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
A group of “Geordies” (London accents) were at the Evening Star before the game. Only one knob singing loudly anti Biss songs. Harmless but pisses me off that if we did similar at any away pubs we would rightly be told where to go. Drinking lager and shots in The Evening Star though ������

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here