[Football] Newcastle fans and YouTuber support Saudi, confront protesters

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Absolutely tragic. Grown adult men wearing the colours of a nation that beheads journalists because their football team is doing slightly better.

Not a good look from the vlogger.

That’s the 23/4 Toon away kit shirt he’s wearing

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That’s the 23/4 Toon away kit shirt he’s wearing

Theres not a lot of difference but other Geordies were there in Saudi shirts.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Theres not a lot of difference but other Geordies were there in Saudi shirts.
Yeah true and not likely by accident but design - increasing sales in the Gulf State and sportswashing the Saudi national team with subliminal association with the PL

It all stinks …

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yeah true and not likely by accident but design - increasing sales in the Gulf State and sportswashing the Saudi national team with subliminal association with the PL

It all stinks …
Exactly :thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Absolutely tragic. Grown adult men wearing the colours of a nation that beheads journalists because their football team is doing slightly better.

Not a good look from the vlogger.

The most confusing thing about that video is that they must have have been the Newcastle fans with the best response and arguments to the protester to be picked. And he must have made the video and thought, yes the protester looks like the idiot in this video

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Gawd, what a pathetic hill to choose to die on. How do those fans who support the new and vile regime even begin to live with their lack of morals? :rolleyes:
They're oblivious to reality and their faults. They're so biased towards supporting their club that they're incapable of rationally looking at what Saudi does.

It's quite sad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Modern life in a nutshell. Two sides shouting at each other rather than listening.

That's not what happened. The older gent listened to the fan listing the UK's faults, he agreed, and pointed out that he protested against the UK too. It was only one side (the Newcastle fans) that weren't listening.

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
The biggest thing I find with Newsaudi fans is that they'll say 'well what can the fans do?'

As if it's not the same fanbase that for YEARS would boycott games, protest and do anything they could whilst owned by Ashley.

They did far more to get rid of Ashley than they'll ever do to protest their new owners, I wonder why.
How successful were our boycotts, protests or anything? As far as I remember boycotts, protests, 10k people walking away, none of it made a scintilla of difference to Ashley.

Look, the kid in that clip is a moron who goes on tiktok pretending to be Antony Gordon for likes and reactions. It's pathetic and embarrassing, but it is not a reflection of the majority of Newcastle fans at all. It's a reflection of kids on tiktok.

There were 5,000 people at the Saudi friendly, majority were kids, Saudi nationals or Costa Rican fans. I'm confident that few if any were match going fans.

So when Adam Pearson rocks up with his camera he finds some toerag tiktok twat and encourages an argument between a protestor and a child. Of course it's picked up by more and more people and suddenly according to twitter, Newcastle fans are defending Saudi Arabia en masse. Of course it's nonsense, but it's 2023 and reality doesn't really matter any more

I've spoken on here before about what Ashley did to my club, so long story short; he turned a club regularly in Europe with ambition and enthusiasm, into a nothing club that bounced around the relegation zone existing solely to act as a billboard for his tat-store. It ceased to be a sporting concern and 10,000 fans walked away.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
How successful were our boycotts, protests or anything? As far as I remember boycotts, protests, 10k people walking away, none of it made a scintilla of difference to Ashley.

Look, the kid in that clip is a moron who goes on tiktok pretending to be Antony Gordon for likes and reactions. It's pathetic and embarrassing, but it is not a reflection of the majority of Newcastle fans at all. It's a reflection of kids on tiktok.

There were 5,000 people at the Saudi friendly, majority were kids, Saudi nationals or Costa Rican fans. I'm confident that few if any were match going fans.

So when Adam Pearson rocks up with his camera he finds some toerag tiktok twat and encourages an argument between a protestor and a child. Of course it's picked up by more and more people and suddenly according to twitter, Newcastle fans are defending Saudi Arabia en masse. Of course it's nonsense, but it's 2023 and reality doesn't really matter any more

I've spoken on here before about what Ashley did to my club, so long story short; he turned a club regularly in Europe with ambition and enthusiasm, into a nothing club that bounced around the relegation zone existing solely to act as a billboard for his tat-store. It ceased to be a sporting concern and 10,000 fans walked away.
Not going to get much sympathy here with the last paragraph.

And everyone associated with Brighton will feel sorry for fans having to endure the pain of winning the championship in the two years you weren't in the PL in the last 30 years.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Regularly in Europe ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

And everyone associated with Brighton will feel sorry for fans having to endure the pain of winning the championship in the two years you weren't in the PL in the last 30 years.
oh the humanity!

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017

I don't want sympathy, of course I don't. The worst is was for us was an abstract divorce from the club we've loved for decades. Other clubs have had it far worse with the very existence of their club at risk.

All I'm doing is providing the context that's missing from some of the sweeping generalisations and some fair balance to the criticisms.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
The most confusing thing about that video is that they must have have been the Newcastle fans with the best response and arguments to the protester to be picked. And he must have made the video and thought, yes the protester looks like the idiot in this video
Adam Pearson is one of the biggest idiots on the internet. And there's a lot of competition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports