Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle away

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
You'd be disappointed then. WB ain't what it used to be. Most of the bars have shut now and revellers go to Tynemouth instead. However, you'll be glad to know that Osbourne Road in Jesmond still gets packed :drink:

Thats where I live......will be rammed with students on the long weekend. Fun place to be though!

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
If I was many years younger, I would be well up for this and definitely make a weekend of it. Friday night would be Whitley Bay, which is absolutely POLLUTED with clacker every weekend, especially Fridays, then Saturday night I would do the strip in Jesmond before ending up in the city centre somewhere.
Newcastle is without doubt, the best night out in the UK, well it was in my day!

The Whitley Bay strip is no longer there. The town has been gentrified by outsiders from Sussex!! You are right though it was wall to wall with tottie in its hayday! (Some of questionable quality mind) It all shut down about 5 years ago.

But don't despair the scantilly clothed Geordie lassies can still be found in Tynemouth on a friday evening or around The Gate and Grey Street bars in town

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I was rather hoping you could direct me to a back street boozer untouched by the brewery development team since 1952, has vinyl banquet seating around the walls, lino (the floor covering), wobbly circular tables, adorned with drip mats where the competition finished in 1963, the ubiquitous old bloke with the whippet standing by the bar, the aged crone in a corner drinking her bottle of Guinness, a pub with an overall smell of something old that I could just slip into, walking distance from the ground, on the road into Newcastle from Wales?

The Whitley Bay strip is no longer there. The town has been gentrified by outsiders from Sussex!! You are right though it was wall to wall with tottie in its hayday! (Some of questionable quality mind) It all shut down about 5 years ago.

But don't despair the scantilly clothed Geordie lassies can still be found in Tynemouth on a friday evening or around The Gate and Grey Street bars in town

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I saw something on Twitter from EFL that live televised games WONT be announced today and that an announcement date will be confirmed shortly.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I saw something on Twitter from EFL that live televised games WONT be announced today and that an announcement date will be confirmed shortly.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Oh ffs

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
EFL have just told me there has been no change to announcement date as they never said they would be announced today. Seems very strange that fans for all teams had today down for the next set if live games to be provided. No assistance to antone wanting to book travel etc

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
I was rather hoping you could direct me to a back street boozer untouched by the brewery development team since 1952, has vinyl banquet seating around the walls, lino (the floor covering), wobbly circular tables, adorned with drip mats where the competition finished in 1963, the ubiquitous old bloke with the whippet standing by the bar, the aged crone in a corner drinking her bottle of Guinness, a pub with an overall smell of something old that I could just slip into, walking distance from the ground, on the road into Newcastle from Wales?

You'll have to divert to Sunderland for that kind of retro bar!

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
The view from the gods at St James isn't so bad just high up. When the crowd are up for it St James has a fantastic atomosphere. They have a fantastic hammonet chant which bounces back and forth between the two ends. Food and beer is shit in the ground but easily made up by the city centre location and abundance of pubs close by. Looking forward to a 20 minute commute for our furthest away game :drink::drink:

It wasn't too bad - I just like to move my head a bit - it was like watching it on TV! To be fair the Sunderland fans I spoke to said the atmosphere has got worse since the away fans have been sent upstairs as the home fans can't get any banter going.

Both sets of fans were sound, but never realised how much nicer Newcastle city centre is than Sunderland...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Looks like a minimum £100 for a hotel room in the City Centre on the Saturday night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here