Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle away: your view

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
[tweet]1500225259286450177[/tweet]

Dan Burn in the Newcastle BrewDog - on his wages can probably afford 2-3 rounds of fine craft beer

Yeah I heard the same about Burn. Apparently an absolute gentleman and really dedicated hard working bloke

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Be more positive; there are still 33 points to play for. This time last year we were also on a crappy run - 5 without a win and consecutive defeats to Palace, West Brom and Leicester - but we then managed 15 points from our last 11 games. Repeat that and we’ll almost certainly finish in our highest ever position.

Yeah dream on , this won’t happen again, have you seen the fixture list

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'm surprised to see a number of people thought Trossard was our worst player. I thought he was one of our best. Funny game.

Personally thought he was poor, lost possession too much IMO, poor delivery, not strong enough…..

However, I think Welbeck comfortably ‘won’ the worst player award….

You are right though, funny old game….

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Personally thought he was poor, lost possession too much IMO, poor delivery, not strong enough…..

However, I think Welbeck comfortably ‘won’ the worst player award….

You are right though, funny old game….

Playing poorly and being one of our better players isn't always mutually exclusive:lolol:

I thought regardless of his end product that he was the one constantly looking to get on the ball and make something happen.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Albion man of the match:Alzate
Albion stinker of the match:Welbeck
Was it the right result on the balance of play:No
Opposition player you'd most like to see in the stripes: Burn
Potter's score out of 10:6
What would you have done differently to GP:Not played Lamptey in front 3 or played 433.
Where's that left your Albion mojo 1(low) - 10(high):4

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I really struggle with this common belief that a team that dominates and can't win deserve to win 'on the balance of play'. It gets trotted out so often. We look at a game and say team A attacked so much, and Team B sat back and defended, getting a cheap goal on the counter attack. Why does team A "deserve" to win? This isn't just about us today. It's something that has always bothered me when it gets trotted out in TV games, too.

Why does an attack that has 20 attempts and fails to convert them deserve to win more than an attack that gets one chance and is clinical enough to take it? Why is impotence more worthy of the win than efficient success?
Why does an attack that failed to break down a defence despite so much pressure deserve to win over that defence that kept them out?
Why does a defence that has stood up to 20 attacks and held firm deserve to lose more than a defence that had one attack to repel and couldn't do it? Why is fragility and limpness more worthy of the win than defiant unity?
Why does a defence that crumples the only time it has a job to do deserve to win over the attack that broke them down?

Why does the team that can't defend or score more than they concede deserve to win more than the team that can do both?

Today Brighton had the ball for so long and spent so much time in Newcastle's half but what did we actually achieve? Why does our fragile impotence deserve the win more than than Newcastle's efficient discipline?

If only GP could resolve this constant failure to convert possession into goals/points we could be top 6!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here