Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] New Year's Eve

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Happily go on the Seagull Travel bus from Seaford hoping for an entertaining evening of football. Home around 9. If we have had a stonking draw or heaven above a win, then I shall watch whatever match highlights are on with a few wee drams. If we lose a few wee drams and bed. Doubt if I will be awake at midnight!

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
I’m in London for a few days, going to a West End matinee (Hamilton), then watching the Albion on the box followed by a few drinks with family. Really looking forward to NYE this year. UTA.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Away in deepest darkest North Devon so it'll be a nice lunch out, film and a few drinks during the evening and in bed by 11. Really can't be arsed to celebrate NYE nowadays.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It's New Year's Eve!!

:banana:
Already anticipating the big countdown to midnight and jubilant celebrations, there's nothing quite like it.

Whatever you are doing tonight, enjoy, it's always a special night and Mrs Crod and I wish you all a happy and prosperous 2023.

:clap:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
What a load of old killjoys.

If you can't go out and let your hair down and enjoy yourself on New Years when can you. Should be an absolute hoot.

:whisky::banana::rock:
Because any other day I can walk into my local pub without having to pay a tenner for the privilege

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
if everyone could get out of the Amex sharpish at full time so my daughter can head home from her stewarding shift that would be great, missing the game myself as had already booked meal with my mother. after that home and get the house party going and wait for daughter to get home

SteveU

May 31, 2022
Not a massive fan of NYE, never really have been.

Perfect night for a game of football for me, sons out early so taking my daughter to her first game at the Amex, she’s buzzing and so am I.

Then it’s home to see in the new year with my wife and mum. If I can get out of the car park by midnight!!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I really don't like going out on NYE, loads of people determined to have a good time, even if they don't enjoy doing it. Pubs full of amateurs (you know the sort, orders guinness last) and dickheads.
I will be watching the game on TV, having a couple of Long Man APAs and catching the last two episodes of Slow Horses.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Was a bit undecided about going to the Amex tonight given timing and lousy weather but had a row with Mrs. R this morning about her re-arranging the house at midnight last night and stuffing up the cabling for the TV and Alexa so I’m off to see the lads stuff Arsenal instead!

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Tip run ✅
Decorations put away ✅
Chinese pre ordered for 20:00✅
Drinks Fridge stocked ✅
Accas on ✅

Think I’ll watch Man City Everton / abit of soccer Saturday before the 17:30 KO and it’s live

Not optimistic about seeing midnight

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I just cannot face throwing myself on the public transport nightmare for the Arsenal game, so I'm donning my BAD FAN cap and watching it down the local. I'll mince straight back to my armchair after the game and order a curry. The doris will be back from work by about 8.30, so we'll tuck in to the takeout, and channel-hop the rest of the night way in the warm, with some grog, in a pleasantly pickled stupour smugly remembering how f***ing relieved I'm not battling my arse back from the game.
What now?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just back from a late lunch with Mrs Wz and son having had a delightful duo of sussex lamb with a couple of glasses of Syrah followed by Eton mess. Get ready and then off to the Amex with my son (only time we get to go together last few years, boxing day or new years eve).

An Albion win, a few pints with the highlights, back home, a snack and couple more wines during Jools, ready for Ms Wz's video call from Oz. Lovely way to spend NYE :thumbsup:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I shall try not to drink too much as I may need to drive tomorrow. At midnight I will open my front and back doors to let the old year out and the new year in, then I will pour myself a small whisky and take it out in the street to toast the new year with my neighbours - I will wander around the middle of the road for a few minutes (it's a quiet cul-de-sac) and not a soul will come out. Then I'll go to bed and hopefully dream of more exciting New Years Eve celebrations in years past............

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mostly sleep until I'm woken up by some idiot setting off fireworks.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What a load of old killjoys.

If you can't go out and let your hair down and enjoy yourself on New Years when can you. Should be an absolute hoot.

:whisky::banana::rock:
I'm with you Crodo, we've got an absolute BELTER of a night planned. We're starting off with a pasta bake made with the last of the Christmas turkey and ham, all washed down by a nice red; then the fun really starts as my grandson and I are going to play with his new remote-controlled dinosaur. We'll probably watch some Tractor Ted to see in the New Year (well 8 o'clock), then go to bed tired but happy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here