Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New website needed - Questions.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I am looking to have designed or try and design ( god help me ) a website for a new venture.

1. Where do I find if the name is already used.
2. How much roughly for soemeone to set up for me so that I can then easily add photos etc
3. Any advice would be very welcome.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I am looking to have designed or try and design ( god help me ) a website for a new venture.

1. Where do I find if the name is already used.
2. How much roughly for soemeone to set up for me so that I can then easily add photos etc
3. Any advice would be very welcome.

What kind of website is it? Personal or business? I think you probably need to give us a bit more to go on.

Wordpress seems very flexible and user-friendly. Use that!

Pickledegg

Jul 13, 2012
It is all relatively cheap if you shop around!

Domain name is important but reasonably cheap to set up for a couple of years. Try fasthosts or godaddy, both reply to queries quite quickly as do Webfusion.

Hosting packages vary depending on what you are after but again, in the big scheme of things are pretty low cost.

The biggest outlay will be getting someone to build and design the site for you! But money spent here will be the difference between a professional looking site and one that looks like it was done on a very tight budget!

That said, building a professional looking site yourself in Wordpress these days is achievable and can be rewarding when you see the results! You can have a go without having to go 'live', there are plenty of YouTube videos on getting started!!

Finally, remember to sort your SEO early and don't piss off google!!

Good luck!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Save yourself a lot of time.

Call [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION]

He did mine, and I believe Hiney's

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Get someone who knows how to set up a Wordpress site to do that for you. Then, when it's up and running, you can manage the site yourself easily. This is by far the best option if you have little experience. If you know where to look, you can get this done for £100 (logo, unique design etc).

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Save yourself a lot of time.

Call [MENTION=2647]gripper stebson[/MENTION]

He did mine, and I believe Hiney's

I would rather someone done if for me. How much approximate are we talking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here