Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
REMINDER TO SUPPORTERS

Finally supporters are reminded that tickets are strictly non-transferable and any transfer or resale of tickets is illegal (under section 166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006).

The club has a zero tolerance policy with regards to this and anyone found to be breaking the law is liable to face criminal prosecution and would be banned indefinitely from purchasing home and away match tickets.

The club will launch a new official ticket exchange for the 2017/18 season via seagullstickets.com - with details to follow shortly. It will enable season-ticket holders to safely and securely offer their tickets for resale when unable to attend.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
After a quick scan seems fair enough to me.

Although I don't like the look of their example for the away games.. ST+150 points!? Surely it's got to start higher than that otherwise people with 300+ points are lumped in with people with far far less (Even me on 242!).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Confused??

Why do I have both of these:

Season Ticket Holder Points 281 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points 327 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
After a quick scan seems fair enough to me.

Although I don't like the look of their example for the away games.. ST+150 points!? Surely it's got to start higher than that otherwise people with 300+ points are lumped in with people with far far less (Even me on 242!).

it will!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All seems pretty fair and reasonable on the whole.

I think however that current point levels should be clearly displayed next to your NSC Username. I can see the replies now "I'm not taking any notice of you, you have a mere XXX points".

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I now have no idea if I am in a good position or a poor position to get away tickets....

Season Ticket Holder Points
136 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points
224 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It stops 1901 members that don't go to away games, jumping the queue... A GOOD thing if you ask me!

It does, and as I've said previously, including in this thread, I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of the "premium", providing the club gave 1901ers credit for home cup games which they never used to do on a game by game basis (it was a fixed part of the "premium"). They have sorted the home cup game issue, so I'm cool with it.

However, two things:

A) 1901ers contractually commit for a 5-year term. It has been argued on here before, including by me, that was presumably part of the "premium" too. There is no element in the new scheme giving additional points for this commitment. So, either it was never part of the old "premium", or the club has now decided that the extra commitment is worth nothing.

B) However inequitous the old scheme may have been perceived to be (and I have agreed it was - at least except the home cup game bit), it was the scheme that 1901ers and the club signed up to. There will be 1901 neighbours of mine that will be pissed at the 100% removal of a premium.

To confirm: I'm ok with the changes. Others won't be.

EDIT: Oh, and it's going to be a right devil of a job to check whether the new opening balances are correct. Not sure I cba.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
:shrug:

STH since 1999. But I admit, I don't travel away much these days. Ho hum.

Good job I've ponced freebies to Arsenal and Watford. :)

Yeah its the away games! It seems fair as those that regularly went to away games in previous seasons will be rewarded and 1901 members won't be able to jump the queue!

See you at Arsenal and Watford

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
It does, and as I've said previously, including in this thread, I wouldn't have a problem with getting rid of the "premium", providing the club gave 1901ers credit for home cup games which they never used to do on a game by game basis (it was a fixed part of the "premium"). They have sorted the home cup game issue, so I'm cool with it.

However, two things:

A) 1901ers contractually commit for a 5-year term. It has been argued on here before, including by me, that was presumably part of the "premium" too. There is no element in the new scheme giving additional points for this commitment. So, either it was never part of the old "premium", or the club has now decided that the extra commitment is worth nothing.

B) However inequitous the old scheme may have been perceived to be (and I have agreed it was - at least except the home cup game bit), it was the scheme that 1901ers and the club signed up to. There will be 1901 neighbours of mine that will be pissed at the 100% removal of a premium.

To confirm: I'm ok with the changes. Others won't be.

Not as pissed as I would be if they have never bothered going to away games and got a ticket before me! Those Tuesday night travels to Yorkshire have been rewarded and rightly so!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
I think I get it a bit more now...

What happens if we have a very popular away match, how will tickets be sold?
Tickets will be sold according to a supporter’s status and their points total. STHs will always receive top priority. Please see
an example below:
1. STH with 150+ points
2. STHs with 60+ points
3. All STHs
4. Bronze/YS+ members with 250+ points
5. Bronze/YS+ members with 100+ points
6. All Bronze/YS+ members

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Number of consecutive seasons, prior to the current season, the season ticket has been held.
This is applied since the first season at the Amex.

Glad to see all us glory hunters who sat in the rain at Withdean aren't considered loyal! :smile: If that is what you are going to do then fine but don't talk about points for 8 years + ST holders when you can't get more than 6 years at the moment.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Season Ticket Holder Points 160 (STH points apply to CURRENT season ticket holders only)
Member Points 242 (Member points apply to CURRENT Bronze/YS Plus Members only)

Putting me above their 'first level threshold' but my OH below... I don't like going without her, so looks like we'll probably be missing out on most games next season (away)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here