Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New striker

the

Jul 25, 2018
London
I know a lot of people don't like hearing this, but Connolly is not a EPL level striker, not even off the bench. At least not yet.

He has few flashes of talent here and there, but overall he is not a good dribbler, not particularly fast, not that good in the air (even for his height), loses a lot of one-on-ones, and doesn't even really have a scoring record that would justify seeing him get regular minutes in the EPL.

Letting Murray go without a proper replacement was a mistake.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Really strong performance from the team today but can't help we'd be much more effective with a pivot striker, strong, technical, composed. I know the club are in for one. Let's hope they deliver soon.

A striker you say?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I know a lot of people don't like hearing this, but Connolly is not a EPL level striker, not even off the bench. At least not yet.

He has few flashes of talent here and there, but overall he is not a good dribbler, not particularly fast, not that good in the air (even for his height), loses a lot of one-on-ones, and doesn't even really have a scoring record that would justify seeing him get regular minutes in the EPL.

I fully agree with you about Connolly not good enough
He reminds me of CMS all effort but very little product

Desperately need a big man to compliment Maupay

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
This . . . Or, Wood from Burnley, he would fit the bill nicely I think.

Have I missed something about Burnley wanting to sell Wood or him wanting to leave?

Would be great for us but seems unlikely.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This . . . Or, Wood from Burnley, he would fit the bill nicely I think.

I never took to Wood for whatever reason, probably his surly face and his unbridled delight when he scores against us every game :lolol:

But if it’s him or some foreign or lower league punt I’m in :thumbsup:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

To be fair to the lad, that's the stage he's at in his development. And you wouldn't really expect too much more.

He should be third or fourth in line, getting valuable experience by coming off the bench or having the occasional start, with a view to him blossoming into a first team starter a season or two in the future. On that basis he's doing fine. Can't blame him for being thrown in at the deep end as one of only two recognized strikers at the club (not including the re-engineered Trossard/Ali J role, which looks increasingly like being our answer to the striker question).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I fully agree with you about Connolly not good enough
He reminds me of CMS all effort but very little product

Desperately need a big man to compliment Maupay

Possibly a little harsh as he has ball control CMS could only dream about. Someone else on here posted that he looks like a player wearing L plates, that summed him up perfectly for me. We need better in the team as he learns as a sub imo

D

Deleted member 2719

Two short-arses running around a lot will only get you so far. We need an option.

Messi and Aguero might just argue that one.

Why blame height?

Accuracy and experience in that position is what we lack.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have I missed something about Burnley wanting to sell Wood or him wanting to leave?

I think everything and anything is unlikjely TBH, just think he'd fill the Murray gap well and work well with either one of our vertically challenged duo.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Possibly a little harsh as he has ball control CMS could only dream about. Someone else on here posted that he looks like a player wearing L plates, that summed him up perfectly for me. We need better in the team as he learns as a sub imo

Agree - remains promising, but has done quite well all things considered.

We just need more power and physicality. It is pointless going long, as it will come straight back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

Somebody on Twitter said Burnley would sell him for £13m, which is less than £1m per goal last season. Astonishingly, it was taken seriously.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here