Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker - Desperate

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
We are desperate, Murray is just not as good as some of you think he is. Barnes always seems better coming off the bench. Please let us get one in before the next game, come on Bloom!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
FACT - We need to pay money to secure a decent striker - and it doesn't look as if we're prepared to spend anything, at least on players

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It is a strange one. I'm sure Poyet has worked his nuts off to get one so can't really say he is Naive to go into the season with the strikers we have.

I do think he may think Barnes is perhaps better than what he is, perhaps the goals ratio in those few games on loan convinced him. I suspect this is an error if he does think this.

I'd even take Dickinson back as things stand and that is saying something.

If we can't get someone brilliant we still need someone average as that is better than the back up.

No real links with strikers over the summer, even previous years has seen the club come close.

Strange

Will remain calm though, no one by end of August and I think a few explanations should be given, after all in June we had a reasonable sized budget available so the manager needs to be accountable

We'll see

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I believe we need two if i'm honest.Barnes has been rubbish so far.Murray does miss a few chances aswell.

Bottom line is, so far, we have failed in the transfer market. Signing a striker is absolutely key but you could also look at it this way. Would a strike force of Murray, Barnes, Holroyd, Hart get more goals than Murray, Barnes, Forster and Dickinson?

In a way we have brought this situation on our selves. If we had started the season with Forster and Dickinson over Hart and Holroyd then I would certainly have felt more secure, knowing that if we don't pull a striker out the hat then we have those two as adequate and more experienced cover.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bottom line is, so far, we have failed in the transfer market. Signing a striker is absolutely key but you could also look at it this way. Would a strike force of Murray, Barnes, Holroyd, Hart get more goals than Murray, Barnes, Forster and Dickinson?

In a way we have brought this situation on our selves. If we had started the season with Forster and Dickinson over Hart and Holroyd then I would certainly have felt more secure, knowing that if we don't pull a striker out the hat then we have those two as adequate and more experienced cover.

That's a good point.I would rather have Davies on the bench then Holroyd and that's says something.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

Agree with that :thumbsup:

Lush

Mods' Pet
If we're going to play all this passing approach football, what we really need is a decent FINISHER.

They don't need to do much else, just a bit of goal hanging, holding their own against brick shit house defenders, and sticking the ball in the net 9 times out of 10 whenever they get a chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here