New Steward In North Stand

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
There seemed to be a new steward in the North Stand Saturday trying his utmost to get the whole Northstand to sit down on his own.
Although he is quite correct what he is trying to achieve he became a pain in the arse in the end.
My understanding is that the North was the tolerance stand of chanting, standing and swearing ! Not that I'm condoning swearing in front of women and children etc but I'm as guilty as anyone for it.
Now wether you agree with this or not there has not been one steward until last Sats game that has even attempted to make people sit down.
He was on a hiding to nothing as every time he came up the steps he was greeted with a chorus of "stand up if you hate Palarse" !!!!!
Give it up son your not gonna win in the North either that or you will cause unnecessary grief !!!

RedSteve65

Apr 3, 2011
Felt sorry for the poor chap but to be fair in the stadium presentations given by the club they said that they would be relaxed on policing the back 4 rows regarding standing up. There are many more rows thatn the bakc 4 stading and therefore he was only trying to enforce what the club had previously stated would be their policy.

They also said that you should sit down if the person behind you wants to sit.

As somebody who sits approx halfway down I have noticed that standing in the middle section is becoming more widespread. Won't be long before the whole of the middle section stands - methinks.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
There has been plenty of games where the stewards have constantly told people to sit down, especially after the palace game as everyone stood up for 90 mins for Liverpool and palace, remember they gave us all a flyer, although that also said one of the women's loos was gonna be made into a men's, which hasn't happened yet

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
There has been plenty of games where the stewards have constantly told people to sit down, especially after the palace game as everyone stood up for 90 mins for Liverpool and palace, remember they gave us all a flyer, although that also said one of the women's loos was gonna be made into a men's, which hasn't happened yet

That happened months ago - its the West end of the concourse, there is only one ladies now

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yeah I saw the poor fella, I'm middle/left and he was up and down those steps an awful lot. We're about half way up and must say only stand when the row in front stand. Feel a bit sorry for him, but unfortunately you can't tame the North mate!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He looked directly at me and signalled for me to sit down, I gave him a nod and carried on as usual. We were slightly suspicious of the the other steward loitering in the stairwel, maybe noting who was stood in which rows !!

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

I have seen no stewards telling people to sit down for the whole of this season so far in the North Stand , they have been extremely tolerant really.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
I have seen no stewards telling people to sit down for the whole of this season so far in the North Stand , they have been extremely tolerant really.

it depends on where you are. There nearer the front the less tolerant. I know where PHAT BAZ sit's and I'm not far from him. He's getting a bit of a reputation through the North. He is half way up not left or right so he can't join in the brighton boy song. It is about his line where the stewards start.

look out for the legend you cant miss him.:bounce:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
He looked directly at me and signalled for me to sit down, I gave him a nod and carried on as usual. We were slightly suspicious of the the other steward loitering in the stairwel, maybe noting who was stood in which rows !!

The woman steward? Think she is one of the head stewards, she's kicked people out before, can't remember what match, maybe barnsley or west ham

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
There seemed to be a new steward in the North Stand Saturday trying his utmost to get the whole Northstand to sit down on his own.
Although he is quite correct what he is trying to achieve he became a pain in the arse in the end.
My understanding is that the North was the tolerance stand of chanting, standing and swearing ! Not that I'm condoning swearing in front of women and children etc but I'm as guilty as anyone for it.
Now wether you agree with this or not there has not been one steward until last Sats game that has even attempted to make people sit down.
He was on a hiding to nothing as every time he came up the steps he was greeted with a chorus of "stand up if you hate Palarse" !!!!!
Give it up son your not gonna win in the North either that or you will cause unnecessary grief !!!

Do not throw the gaunlet.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
it depends on where you are. There nearer the front the less tolerant. I know where PHAT BAZ sit's and I'm not far from him. He's getting a bit of a reputation through the North. He is half way up not left or right so he can't join in the brighton boy song. It is about his line where the stewards start.

look out for the legend you cant miss him.:bounce:

He sits to the left of centre by 2 or 3 seats ,i have not seen him doing anything to get a reputation.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He sits to the left of centre by 2 or 3 seats ,i have not seen him doing anything to get a reputation.

Must be just rumours then. 'pssst phat baz ..................... pass it on'.:lol:

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
It's probably coz I'm the fat bloke that rips his shirt off and swings it round his head every time Brighton score home and away !! Ha ha ha !!!!! It's fun I enjoy it !!!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
It's probably coz I'm the fat bloke that rips his shirt off and swings it round his head every time Brighton score home and away !! Ha ha ha !!!!! It's fun I enjoy it !!!
AND you sing 'we're the right side'

when in fact you are left side :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports