Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Star Wars Movie

Monkster

Ragamuffin
Jul 7, 2003
The Token Carlisle United Fan
Well, sort of.....

Good news for Star Wars fans. A new instalment of the sci-fi franchise is to hit the big screen later this year.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be released on US cinemas on August 15. No UK release date has yet been set.

The film will be all CGI, and will focus on the further adventures of Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala. Some all-new characters are expected to be introduced in the film.

Lucas said, "I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories to tell and was eager to tell some through animation - and at the same time push the art of animation forward."

The CGI film will then be followed by a new computer animated TV series which Lucas describes as 30 minute "mini movies" following the exploits of the Jedi Knights.

It is expected that the film and subsequent series will document the events that happen between 2002 movie Attack of the Clones and 2005s Revenge Of The Sith - which saw Anakin become Darth Vader.

Lucas also added that he is hard at work on a live action Stars Wars TV series (you can never accuse Lucas of not milking his cash cow) which last year he revealed would not feature the franchise's central characters.

"It's about minor characters," he said. "It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader or any of those people. It's completely different. But it's a good idea, and it's going to be a lot of fun to do."

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/13022008/5/new-star-wars-film-hit-cinemas-year-0.html

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Well, sort of.....

Good news for Star Wars fans. A new instalment of the sci-fi franchise is to hit the big screen later this year.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars will be released on US cinemas on August 15. No UK release date has yet been set.

The film will be all CGI, and will focus on the further adventures of Anakin Skywalker and Padme Amidala. Some all-new characters are expected to be introduced in the film.

Lucas said, "I felt there were a lot more Star Wars stories to tell and was eager to tell some through animation - and at the same time push the art of animation forward."

The CGI film will then be followed by a new computer animated TV series which Lucas describes as 30 minute "mini movies" following the exploits of the Jedi Knights.

It is expected that the film and subsequent series will document the events that happen between 2002 movie Attack of the Clones and 2005s Revenge Of The Sith - which saw Anakin become Darth Vader.

Lucas also added that he is hard at work on a live action Stars Wars TV series (you can never accuse Lucas of not milking his cash cow) which last year he revealed would not feature the franchise's central characters.

"It's about minor characters," he said. "It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader or any of those people. It's completely different. But it's a good idea, and it's going to be a lot of fun to do."

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/13022008/5/new-star-wars-film-hit-cinemas-year-0.html

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I watched this last light, its quite funny as well

Family%20Guy%20Star%20Wars.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
EXCITED.....Star Wars is BRILLIANT!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nice to see Lucas has come up with another inventive idea to totally, and finally kill off any interest in Star Wars.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
hmmm...

The clone wars is an animated series that lasts about an hour and is avail on DVD...and does indeed focus on the story between 2 & 3 (the 'kidnap' of Palpatine / Anakin's premonitions / intro to General Grievous etc)... is this the same thing as it sounds like it

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/608457/Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Vol-1/Product.html

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/734825/Star-Wars-Clone-Wars-Vol-2/Product.html

The further 30 mins storylines are definitely new though...
Don't wanna start getting all geeky, but its nothing to do with those DVDs.

This is a total new and seperate series and the cinema release is going to be the first three 30 minute episodes of this NEW series.

The live action series due next year is set for 100 episodes, with a further 300 or so in the pipeline, so anyone who hates Star Wars had better start looking away now (and for the next 20 years!!)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Cant wait to see this on a big screen at the cinema. The animated series will then be shown on Cartoon Network. The live action series will be brilliant as their are numerous storylines already available to be adapted from the comics and graphic novels. Looks like 4 series have been commissioned but it depends on ratings wether or not they extend this to any more series.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Don't wanna start getting all geeky, but its nothing to do with those DVDs.

This is a total new and seperate series and the cinema release is going to be the first three 30 minute episodes of this NEW series.

The live action series due next year is set for 100 episodes, with a further 300 or so in the pipeline, so anyone who hates Star Wars had better start looking away now (and for the next 20 years!!)

Good good.. didn't want a re-hash!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Lets be honest, the last 3 films made were an utter disgrace to the franchise, total toilet. I wish hed just put the whole thing to bed before he does anymore damage to the materpieces that were New Hope through to Return of the Jedi.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Lets be honest, the last 3 films made were an utter disgrace to the franchise, total toilet. I wish hed just put the whole thing to bed before he does anymore damage to the materpieces that were New Hope through to Return of the Jedi.

hmmm..personally I'd put Revenge Of The Sith WELL above ROTJ in terms of quality...

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Not that anyone is asking me but it's a total waste of celluloid IMHO. In it's defence Star Wars is better than Star Trek and that's about all you can say for it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
hmmm..personally I'd put Revenge Of The Sith WELL above ROTJ in terms of quality...

Don't know about that, ROTD is brilliant.

However, the last hour of Revenge of the Sith is the most underrated bit of 'movie' that i've ever seen. It's unbelievable Jeff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here