Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New sponsor

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Right im in coventry for my college ocurse and I wore my albion shirt today(new one) and every single person has said What the f*** is ITS, does anyone actually know what they do becuase I really don't, and who heard of them before they sponsored us?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ask them who the f*** is;

Cassidy (Coventry)
Chaucer Consulting (Wolves)
No-one (West Brom)
F&C Invesments (Birmingham)
Easyfit conservatories (Walsall)
Acorns (Villa)

Hardly suprising no-one knows who they are, but that is the same for about 80% of all football teams. Don't be so worried about it.

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
just be glad we are not sponsored by NOBO any more. It was character building wearing that at school (in scotland)...

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Ask them who the f*** is;

Cassidy (Coventry)
Chaucer Consulting (Wolves)
No-one (West Brom)
F&C Invesments (Birmingham)
Easyfit conservatories (Walsall)
Acorns (Villa)

Hardly suprising no-one knows who they are, but that is the same for about 80% of all football teams. Don't be so worried about it.

Aren't Villa sponsored by a charity? Or am I thinking of another team?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes Acorns is a hospice.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Aren't Villa sponsored by a charity? Or am I thinking of another team?

Correct, called Acorns, don't know anything about the charity, but you wouldn't know that unless you had heard it, likewise why would you know who ITS are unless you looked into it.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Right im in coventry for my college ocurse and I wore my albion shirt today(new one) and every single person has said What the f*** is ITS, does anyone actually know what they do becuase I really don't, and who heard of them before they sponsored us?

... and the actual answer is that it is the rubbish logo of a company called IT First, who were formerly known as Technical Response Team. They are a Sussex company, and the directors are Albion mad (according to my mate who works for them).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Correct, called Acorns, don't know anything about the charity, but you wouldn't know that unless you had heard it, likewise why would you know who ITS are unless you looked into it.

Acorns is much like Great Ormond Street I believe, but in Birmingham. My sister used to be a nurse there. Always used to get people ask who skint were at away matches, most of them thinking it was a joke, so can't really see the difference there.

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
Acorns is much like Great Ormond Street I believe, but in Birmingham. My sister used to be a nurse there.

I heard that villa are paying the hospice money to have "Acorns" written on the shirt. Is this true? If so, fantastic idea, more clubs should do it.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I heard that villa are paying the hospice money to have "Acorns" written on the shirt. Is this true? If so, fantastic idea, more clubs should do it.

''Aston Villa football club has supported Acorns since 2006 and has already paid for 230-days worth of hospice care. Several players have visited the children and families who use Acorns. Acorns highlighted the need for further assistance to aid the extra 1000 children in the local area who needed the assistance of Acorns. Aston Villa responded by offering a platform to advertise the Hospice to a wider audience. On 7 July 2008, the club unveiled the kit for the 2008–09 season which has the Acorns logo in the position associated with the main kit sponsor. An Acorns spokesperson said "We are absolutely delighted that our logo will be seen at every home and away match during the 2008-09 season, helping to raise awareness of our work and of the constant need by all children’s hospices to fundraise. This really is the beginning of an amazing partnership, believed to be the first of its kind in the Premier League."[2]''

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
what does ITS stand for though? I thought the company was called IT First? Where does the 's' come from?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
what does ITS stand for though? I thought the company was called IT First? Where does the 's' come from?

ITS is supposed to look like 1st, with the '1' and the 'T' spelling out IT. Therefore you get 'IT' and '1st' in the same logo. A clever idea, that clearly didn't quite work.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ITS is supposed to look like 1st, with the '1' and the 'T' spelling out IT. Therefore you get 'IT' and '1st' in the same logo. A clever idea, that clearly didn't quite work.

I beg to differ. Clearly not a clever idea.

Personally I'm taking my IT needs elsewhere as FIT/SIT whoever the f*** they are are clearly none too bright :lol:

Oh, and I'll stick with the tried and trusted Palookaville shirt also :thumbsup:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Deportivo La Coruna's home kit (which I can't find a decent pic of) is nice this year, blue and white stripes with NO shirt sponsor.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here